photo attributes in windows xp

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b D Laptop
August 13, 2004 8:41:12 AM

I have a bunch of photos that i downloaded to my laptop pc using a usb card
reader. Then i burned those photos to cd to copy to my desktop pc.

The photos on my laptop have various photo attributes (date picture taken,
camera model, etc) but the ones on my desktop pc do not.

Is this because i burned them to cd? I would have thought the attributes
would have followed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Cut
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 13, 2004 12:06:28 PM

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 04:41:12 GMT, "Cut" <ccutlip@nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote:

>I have a bunch of photos that i downloaded to my laptop pc using a usb card
>reader. Then i burned those photos to cd to copy to my desktop pc.
>
>The photos on my laptop have various photo attributes (date picture taken,
>camera model, etc) but the ones on my desktop pc do not.
>
>Is this because i burned them to cd? I would have thought the attributes
>would have followed.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Cut

Burning the photos to a CD shouldn't strip off the EXIF info.
I looked back at some CDs I had burned back in 2001 and the
EXIF info was there. Frequently if a photo is modified with
software the info is lost but if you can see it on the laptop
then burning to a CD shouldn't strip it off.

Jack Mac
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 13, 2004 4:18:50 PM

"Cut" <ccutlip@nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote in message
> I have a bunch of photos that i downloaded to my laptop pc using a usb
card
> reader. Then i burned those photos to cd to copy to my desktop pc.
>
> The photos on my laptop have various photo attributes (date picture taken,
> camera model, etc) but the ones on my desktop pc do not.
>
> Is this because i burned them to cd? I would have thought the attributes
> would have followed.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cut

You should not have lost the data if you only copied or moved the files from
the HD to the CD. If you open a file and then resave it, with or without
any changes, you will lose the data.
!