Installing hardware..can't find Drivers

mystro

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Greets all..
I have a new 40 gb ipod connected to an xp machine through a usb2.0 - I
plug the ipod in and the new hardware wizard comes up - found new
device apple ipod etc - then get message that hardware cannot be
installed - no driver can be found - the software that came with ipod
is installed but cannot see the ipod in ipod manager or as an
additional hard drive - on this machine the same thing happened when I
installed a second WD SATA HDD it's working but also needs drivers -
Device Manager it sees the Ipod but naturally it has an exclamation
mark and cannot find the drivers. Unfortunutly I don't have my xp-pro
cd with me..I'm 800 miles from home on a work project - any ideas?
Cannot find anything at driverguide.com that might help but I may not
be looking in the right place,I can live with the HDD problem since
it's working but I've got to get this iPod installed...HELP!
XP-Pro
PC
Abit IC7 mobo
2-WD Sata HDD's

=m=

It is possible that the application software got installed but the
drivers didn't. You haven't mentioned the IPOD installation CD. It did
come with one, right? If so, find the drivers on the CD, or download
them, go to the yellow exclamation point, and update the drivers. That
oughta work.

IMF