Can i import a movie from a DVD into Windows movie maker?

July 22, 2004 6:44:02 PM

I have created a DVD using some video editing program and now I would like to further edit it. Can I import it into Windows movie maker?
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 3:09:26 AM

MM doesn't really like mpeg2 files. You'll need to convert it back to an avi
then edit and then resave as mpeg2. It will lose some quality along the way.
Best to keep back up copies of the original say on minidv tape if you feel
you may want to edit again.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes