Can i import a movie from a DVD into Windows movie maker?

I have created a DVD using some video editing program and now I would like to further edit it. Can I import it into Windows movie maker?
1 answer Last reply
More about import movie windows movie maker

    MM doesn't really like mpeg2 files. You'll need to convert it back to an avi
    then edit and then resave as mpeg2. It will lose some quality along the way.
    Best to keep back up copies of the original say on minidv tape if you feel
    you may want to edit again.
    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP
    "HG" <HG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have created a DVD using some video editing program and now I would like
    to further edit it. Can I import it into Windows movie maker?

Video DVD Windows Movie Maker Movies Windows XP