Will Ghost 9 or Acronis True Image backup up RAID striped

bill

Can you image a RAID 0, striped drive setup with Ghost or Acronis True
Image. I have been using True Image for years and it has performed
flawlessly on backups and barebone restores.

Many thanks for any help,

Bill

Bill wrote:
> Can you image a RAID 0, striped drive setup with Ghost or Acronis True
> Image. I have been using True Image for years and it has performed
> flawlessly on backups and barebone restores.

You'll be able to back it up no problem, but restoring your OS partition
to a RAID 0 array is another question. You don't mention how the RAID
is configured. Software-only? SATA/PATA ? software/firmware? Full
hardware controller?

Try posting in the Acronis forums with detailed info about your
hardware/software setup. I've heard of people having RAID restore
success by setting various BIOS settings and using the failsafe version
of the rescue CD.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

--
-WD

bill

Thanks for the help. I was not familiar with that forum. For your
information, I am considering a new motherboard (MSI RS480M2-IL) with
support for dual channel RAID SATA/Raid Controller that will supply 150 Mb/s
and support Raid 0. I would be using two WD Raptor 10K 74 Gb drives with
the setup. After looking thru the forum, I am still confused as to whether
True Image v8, Build 786 will support the Raid configuration. I love
TrueImage and it has saved me several times over the past few years. I
would really like the RAID setup, but not without some way to get a reliable
backup that will restore properly. Are there any other programs that will
restore to RAID 0, such as Retrospect?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bill