Will Ghost 9 or Acronis True Image backup up RAID striped

Can you image a RAID 0, striped drive setup with Ghost or Acronis True
Image. I have been using True Image for years and it has performed
flawlessly on backups and barebone restores.

Many thanks for any help,

Bill
2 answers Last reply
More about will ghost acronis true image backup raid striped

    Bill wrote:
    > Can you image a RAID 0, striped drive setup with Ghost or Acronis True
    > Image. I have been using True Image for years and it has performed
    > flawlessly on backups and barebone restores.

    You'll be able to back it up no problem, but restoring your OS partition
    to a RAID 0 array is another question. You don't mention how the RAID
    is configured. Software-only? SATA/PATA ? software/firmware? Full
    hardware controller?

    Try posting in the Acronis forums with detailed info about your
    hardware/software setup. I've heard of people having RAID restore
    success by setting various BIOS settings and using the failsafe version
    of the rescue CD.

    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

    --
    -WD

    Thanks for the help. I was not familiar with that forum. For your
    information, I am considering a new motherboard (MSI RS480M2-IL) with
    support for dual channel RAID SATA/Raid Controller that will supply 150 Mb/s
    and support Raid 0. I would be using two WD Raptor 10K 74 Gb drives with
    the setup. After looking thru the forum, I am still confused as to whether
    True Image v8, Build 786 will support the Raid configuration. I love
    TrueImage and it has saved me several times over the past few years. I
    would really like the RAID setup, but not without some way to get a reliable
    backup that will restore properly. Are there any other programs that will
    restore to RAID 0, such as Retrospect?

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Bill

    "Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > Bill wrote:
    >> Can you image a RAID 0, striped drive setup with Ghost or Acronis True
    >> Image. I have been using True Image for years and it has performed
    >> flawlessly on backups and barebone restores.
    >
    > You'll be able to back it up no problem, but restoring your OS partition
    > to a RAID 0 array is another question. You don't mention how the RAID is
    > configured. Software-only? SATA/PATA ? software/firmware? Full
    > hardware controller?
    >
    > Try posting in the Acronis forums with detailed info about your
    > hardware/software setup. I've heard of people having RAID restore
    > success by setting various BIOS settings and using the failsafe version of
    > the rescue CD.
    >
    > http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65
    >

    > --
    > -WD