Steam & Friends Network

As it's so obvious to most of us that Steams Friends Network is of so
little use - I'd like to ask you what the next best solution would be

Using eg IRC or Messenger before/during a bash is ok

Unfortunately during the bash last weekend I was in another room (the
actual playground) and not near my pc which is in my small "Dads
personal room" nearby

Would installing "All-Seeing Eyes" on all PC's in the house be a better
solution?
http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/ase/register

Please advise :)

rgds

> Looking decent

Allright - XFire is installed and userid (peteraghl) created

rgds

> XFire is installed and userid (peteraghl) created

ah heck anyone know how to get XFire to search for servers not using
default port?
My router does some port redirecting
atm I am using this config 80.198.168.162:64336

Working ok in HL2DM game browser
But it won't show up in XFire

Do I need to do something special to get my server to show up in XFire?

tia

Andrew

On 20 Apr 2005 09:07:24 -0700, "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com>
wrote:

>As it's so obvious to most of us that Steams Friends Network is of so
>little use - I'd like to ask you what the next best solution would be

Xfire.

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Xfire
>
> :)
>
> Looking decent
> http://www.xfire.com/xf/index.php
>
> What'd you say folks?

I just added you Peter. Look for mcg as a friend. Took me a few tries
to realize it didn't allow caps :)
McG.