HL/Steam probs

I've only managed to connect to CS online once.... I seem to be unable to
run any HL derivative at the moment... I've updated my drivers etc.... I get
a "DHHelp error" or when I try to connect to a server or start a game
everything just freezes up??

I can see the idea behind Steam, but I've yet to enjoy the percieved
benefits?? It's most frustrating... I just wanna get online and kill
things!! ;-)

I'm gonna try a complete format of my system and start afresh..... Hopefully
that will work.

Any advice in the meantime would be most appreciated

On 4/20/2005 11:19 AM ^DragonFire_UK^ brightened our day with:

>I've only managed to connect to CS online once.... I seem to be unable to
>run any HL derivative at the moment... I've updated my drivers etc.... I get
>a "DHHelp error" or when I try to connect to a server or start a game
>everything just freezes up??
>
>I can see the idea behind Steam, but I've yet to enjoy the percieved
>benefits?? It's most frustrating... I just wanna get online and kill
>things!! ;-)
>
>I'm gonna try a complete format of my system and start afresh..... Hopefully
>that will work.
>
>Any advice in the meantime would be most appreciated

What's your OS? DirextX version?
I think you need to upgrade to DirectX 9.0c, but that's just a guess.

--
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

Andrew

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:19:44 GMT, "^DragonFire_UK^"
<andydragonfire@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've only managed to connect to CS online once.... I seem to be unable to
>run any HL derivative at the moment... I've updated my drivers etc.... I get
>a "DHHelp error" or when I try to connect to a server or start a game
>everything just freezes up??

Have you got a software firewall prompting in the background?

> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:19:44 GMT, "^DragonFire_UK^"
> <andydragonfire@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I've only managed to connect to CS online once.... I seem to be unable to
>>run any HL derivative at the moment... I've updated my drivers etc.... I
>>get
>>a "DHHelp error" or when I try to connect to a server or start a game
>>everything just freezes up??
>
> Have you got a software firewall prompting in the background?

I think you will find it is a DDHELP error and this relates to your Direct X
being damaged or outdated....

Uninstall your existing Direct X driver and go get the latest.... I think
that is 9.0c or something now...

Hope this helps....