Duplicating Bad Hard Drive

Ajak

I have a in-accessible 120GB hard drive with bad sectors, I am
planning to try recovering the data with Spinrite but I don't want to
recover to the original drive, in case I corrupt the data on it. What
is the best way of duplicating the bad drive on a new, larger drive?.
Is it OK to use a larger drive, or should I use one the same size?.

(PC was set up this way when problems occurred).
HD1 is C:OS,
HD2 is D:(CD Drive), E:(20GB), F:(20GB), G:(30GB), H:(40GB), I:(10GB),
J:(external DVD/USB writer drive).

System specs:
OS: Win. XP Pro.
File System: NTFS
MB: ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1.6
Ram: 256 Meg Crucial Memory
Primary HD: 40 GB Western Digital Caviar SE
Secondary HD: 120 GB Western Digital Caviar SE

Ajak. :(

"ajak" <ajak@myway-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:41d8e2ec$1_4@alt.athenanews.com
> I have a in-accessible 120GB hard drive with bad sectors, I am
> planning to try recovering the data with Spinrite

> but I don't want to recover to the original drive, in case I corrupt the data on it.

Yet that is how it works. What exactly do you think Spinrite does?

> What is the best way of duplicating the bad drive on a new, larger drive?.

What's the point? Spinrite doesn't do anything on a perfect drive.

> Is it OK to use a larger drive, or should I use one the same size?.

None of the above.
You cannot clone a drive while maintaining the state of defectiveness of the source drive.