Everytime I try to select my Geforce4 MMX card via advanced on the display
properties, I get a display saying catastrophic failure.
Yet through device manager the card is working properly.
This may have something to do with the fact that everytime I leave the
computer, after about 20 mins the screen goes off. I cannot then get it to
come back on without resetting.

Any ideas as to a way forward other changing the card????

Have you tried updating the drivers for the card? If you have just done it
and this has caused the problem then try rolling back the driver.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP

"kiton" <draper_tony@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I try to select my Geforce4 MMX card via advanced on the display
> properties, I get a display saying catastrophic failure.
> Yet through device manager the card is working properly.
> This may have something to do with the fact that everytime I leave the
> computer, after about 20 mins the screen goes off. I cannot then get it to
> come back on without resetting.
>
> Any ideas as to a way forward other changing the card????

Is your monitor turning off, or the computer going to hibernate? Those
can be set in power saving etc. I would reinstall the drivers, possibly
downloading a fresh set from NVidia or whoever's name built the card.