Video shows dark?

Whenever I try and play any video files (avi, mpg) the video shows way
too dark, I have a control panel for my video card (geforce fx5200), I
can adjust the brightness and gamma, however that does not affect the
video at all.
Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about video shows dark

    Hi Nickolas,

    If you are using WMP 9, you can do the following:
    Click "View" -> "Enhancements" -> "Video Settings", it
    will open the Video Settings panel where you can change
    the sliders for Hue, Saturation, Brightness and Contrast.

    Unfortunately you can only change the settings while the
    video is playing, otherwise the sliders will stretch back
    to their center position! Also, when you restart WMP,
    those settings will be reset to their center positions!!

    Anyone with better idea? For example to set those setting
    as defaults?

    Cheers,
    Wijono

Video Control Panel Microsoft Windows XP