Video shows dark?

July 24, 2004 11:02:05 PM

Whenever I try and play any video files (avi, mpg) the video shows way
too dark, I have a control panel for my video card (geforce fx5200), I
can adjust the brightness and gamma, however that does not affect the
video at all.
Any suggestions?

More about : video shows dark

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 4:42:03 AM

Hi Nickolas,

If you are using WMP 9, you can do the following:
Click "View" -> "Enhancements" -> "Video Settings", it
will open the Video Settings panel where you can change
the sliders for Hue, Saturation, Brightness and Contrast.

Unfortunately you can only change the settings while the
video is playing, otherwise the sliders will stretch back
to their center position! Also, when you restart WMP,
those settings will be reset to their center positions!!

Anyone with better idea? For example to set those setting
as defaults?

Cheers,
Wijono

!