trying to save movie maker file as dvd

Jenn

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

I created a movie using movie maker. I have saved it on
a cd, which can be viewed via movie maker only. I would
like to save it on a dvd so I can view it on my dvd
player. Anyone know how to do this?

Thank you for your wisdom.

This is what I do:

- Import the movie from my DV camera, using Windows Movie Maker, in DV-AVI
format
- Edit the movie clips using Windows Movie Maker
- Save the edited movie to hard disk, in DV-AVI format again
- Use "Click to DVD" software (it came with my Sony A197XP laptop) to burn
that AVI file to DVD

This works well for me.

--
KGK
My fav DV camera, Sony DCRHC40:

"jenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I created a movie using movie maker. I have saved it on
a cd, which can be viewed via movie maker only. I would
like to save it on a dvd so I can view it on my dvd
player. Anyone know how to do this?

Thank you for your wisdom.

I am doing the same thing - in fact, I posted this, but it has not shown up yet . As for KGKs option, I did not have the files on my DV camera to import - I created the entire file in my Windows Movie Maker from videos I had stored on my computer. I need to get this onto a DVD, not a CD.
deb

"KGK" wrote:

> This is what I do:
>
> - Import the movie from my DV camera, using Windows Movie Maker, in DV-AVI
> format
> - Edit the movie clips using Windows Movie Maker
> - Save the edited movie to hard disk, in DV-AVI format again
> - Use "Click to DVD" software (it came with my Sony A197XP laptop) to burn
> that AVI file to DVD
>
> This works well for me.
>
> --
> KGK
> My fav DV camera, Sony DCRHC40:
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001BVHL4/exploresql-20
>

> "jenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I created a movie using movie maker. I have saved it on
> a cd, which can be viewed via movie maker only. I would
> like to save it on a dvd so I can view it on my dvd
> player. Anyone know how to do this?
>
> Thank you for your wisdom.

As for KGKs option, I did not have the files on my DV camera to import - I
created the entire file in my Windows Movie Maker from videos I had stored
on my computer. I need to get this onto a DVD, not a CD.
> deb

Then just do this bit.

>> - Edit the movie clips using Windows Movie Maker
>> - Save the edited movie to hard disk, in DV-AVI format
>> - Use "Click to DVD" software (it came with my Sony A197XP laptop) to
>> burn
>> that AVI file to DVD

Or use whichever software came with your dvd writer. They all accept dv-avi
files.

Graham