windows media player crash

My windows media player keeps on crashing everytime i
open a windows media file to play and it crashes my
browser everytime i try to play windows media content
online via the embedded windows media player.

I cant uninstall and re-install either since there is no
provision to do that to media player.

Please help!
1 answer Last reply
More about windows media player crash

    Is it a WMP compatible file?
    Have you got the latest version of directX?
    Have you WMP9?
    Have you updated the graphics card drivers from the manufacturers?
    Have you checked to see what codec is used for the file and do you have this
    codec installed.
    Graham

    "deva" <devastate_x@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My windows media player keeps on crashing everytime i
    > open a windows media file to play and it crashes my
    > browser everytime i try to play windows media content
    > online via the embedded windows media player.
    >
    > I cant uninstall and re-install either since there is no
    > provision to do that to media player.
    >
    > Please help!

Video Crash Microsoft Media Player Windows XP