So...

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

....how's everybody?
:-)

--
Thad
http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
41 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Is this the jolly, apple cheeked giant from NO??? If so welcome...
    Have been missing you and several others... Thanx for the E-mail
    jokes....

    On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:15:52 -0500, t h a d
    <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote:

    >...how's everybody?
    >:-)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    t h a d wrote:
    > ...how's everybody?
    > :-)
    >
    > --
    > Thad
    > http://www.myspace.com/Thadness

    Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
    monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
    hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
    You haven't missed much anyway...

    ;-)
    rat
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Congratulations!!!! What's his name??? Bruce, Eric or Chad??? Wish you
    many years of happiness... :) Yeh, Lady Fodder and I are planning to
    hit the first showing.... Arthur Dent forever....

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 02:06:15 +0100, rat <itsme@hereiam.jcb.net> wrote:

    >t h a d wrote:
    >> ...how's everybody?
    >> :-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Thad
    >> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
    >
    >Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
    >monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
    >hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
    >You haven't missed much anyway...
    >
    >;-)
    >rat
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    rat wrote:
    >
    > Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
    > monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
    > hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
    > You haven't missed much anyway...

    Glad everything is good.
    Congratulation re: your pending numptuals!
    :-)

    --
    Thad
    http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Cannon Fodder wrote:
    > Is this the jolly, apple cheeked giant from NO??? If so welcome...

    Yes, it's me. Or is it, "It is I"?
    I are we!

    > Have been missing you and several others... Thanx for the E-mail
    > jokes....

    I don't see Vis, Paul Catley, Firewater, and a bunch of others.
    Wha' happen?

    --
    Thad
    http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    t h a d wrote:
    > ....how's everybody?
    > :-)
    >
    > --
    > Thad
    > http://www.myspace.com/Thadness

    /Jethro kicks Spyder in the 'taters

    For old time sake and Bold's disappeared. :-)
    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    In article <d483cp$12h$2@news.datasync.com>, t h a d
    <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote:

    > I don't see Vis, Paul Catley, Firewater, and a bunch of others.
    > Wha' happen?

    Staying clear, mainly, until the fools get bored moaning about steam.
    Also, WoW has claimed many of us (me, Paul, Sloth, Iphi, Lyset,
    Strider, Bench, Sab, Losi and Whoop) and it's so much nicer there than
    in here :)

    I'm getting BB at the end of July, so I'll be back for HLDM from then
    on...

    Hope it's cool in NOLA, y'dig?

    ___
    Neil
    AKA HighVis

    "You woke up this morning, you got yourself a Precision Bow with a +3
    scope"
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "rat" <itsme@hereiam.jcb.net> wrote in message
    news:3cock8F6offo8U1@individual.net...
    >t h a d wrote:
    >> ...how's everybody?
    >> :-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Thad
    >> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
    >
    > Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
    > monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
    > hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
    > You haven't missed much anyway...
    >
    > ;-)
    > rat
    Good luck but remember you will never be right again.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
    their tender sensibilities... :)

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 06:43:08 -0500, t h a d
    <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote:

    >Cannon Fodder wrote:
    >> Is this the jolly, apple cheeked giant from NO??? If so welcome...
    >
    >Yes, it's me. Or is it, "It is I"?
    >I are we!
    >
    >> Have been missing you and several others... Thanx for the E-mail
    >> jokes....
    >
    >I don't see Vis, Paul Catley, Firewater, and a bunch of others.
    >Wha' happen?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    rat wrote:
    > t h a d wrote:
    >
    >> ...how's everybody?
    >> :-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Thad
    >> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
    >
    >
    > Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
    > monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
    > hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
    > You haven't missed much anyway...
    >
    > ;-)
    > rat

    Congrats for whichever one you're looking forward to most... ;-)


    --
    It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
    taming in one go.
    You don't think it might be better if you worked your way toward lion
    taming, say, via banking...
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    In article <qh3g61pgrnuqmol93qprqdesfblrtqebui@4ax.com>, Cannon Fodder
    <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote:

    > They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
    > their tender sensibilities... :)

    We've just got lower boredom thresholds, Jack - all that 100% humidity
    has rotted your brain, whereas our cold climate keeps us sharp,
    impatient and immune to your recent troll-fishing attempts :D

    ____
    Neil
    AKA HighVis

    "Taking on The Man with a gun in each hand!"
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Wait a minute - I thought you lived in Wales where it was equally wet,
    all the time.

    Anyway - good you see you're still lurking, and presumably awaiting the
    hitchhiker's guide movie with baited breath....

    Civilian_Target

    Neil Jones wrote:
    > We've just got lower boredom thresholds, Jack - all that 100% humidity
    > has rotted your brain, whereas our cold climate keeps us sharp,
    > impatient and immune to your recent troll-fishing attempts :D
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Oh you know, getting by.

    Yourself?

    "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
    news:d46r4a$gfi$1@news.datasync.com...
    > ...how's everybody?
    > :-)
    >
    > --
    > Thad
    > http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    I thought that was "panting with bated breath"

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:13:22 +0100, Civilian_Target
    <tadhgp@bigfoot.com> wrote:

    >Anyway - good you see you're still lurking, and presumably awaiting the
    >hitchhiker's guide movie with baited breath....
    >
    >Civilian_Target
    >
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    > I just happened to press the
    > aghl button instead of alt.games.warcraft

    Maybe we should start xposting to agwc in order to catch you attention?
    LOL
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Neil Jones wrote:
    >
    >
    > Staying clear, mainly, until the fools get bored moaning about steam.
    > Also, WoW has claimed many of us (me, Paul, Sloth, Iphi, Lyset,
    > Strider, Bench, Sab, Losi and Whoop) and it's so much nicer there than
    > in here :)

    Maybe because a lot of the nice people left here and went over there?

    >
    > I'm getting BB at the end of July, so I'll be back for HLDM from then
    > on...

    I might, too.

    >
    > Hope it's cool in NOLA, y'dig?

    Bright sunshine, a nice breeze, at 65 degrees and 45% humidity.
    Beautiful and totally unnatural! We're having an actual spring season
    this year.
    The Cajuns are all shaking their heads and muttering about ju-ju and
    gris-gris and wondering if it's the end of the world.

    --
    Thad
    http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Cannon Fodder wrote:
    > They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
    > their tender sensibilities... :)

    I can't imagine who might have been responsible....

    --
    Thad
    http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    news:qh3g61pgrnuqmol93qprqdesfblrtqebui@4ax.com...
    > They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
    > their tender sensibilities... :)

    Or more accurately, there were no posts that didn't :)

    Hi Thad (what happened to Spyder?), not lurking, I just happened to press the
    aghl button instead of alt.games.warcraft, and saw an old face :)

    On broadband now, so I might think about reinstalling HL2.

    --
    Paul
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Paul Catley wrote:
    >
    >
    > Hi Thad (what happened to Spyder?),

    My real name is Thad.
    :-)

    > not lurking, I just happened to press the
    > aghl button instead of alt.games.warcraft, and saw an old face :)

    Getting older every day.
    Maybe that's why I dropped the "Spyder".
    Or maybe I was just bored with it after all these years.

    >
    > On broadband now, so I might think about reinstalling HL2.

    I never bought it. I have to buy a new computer first.


    --
    Thad
    http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Jethro wrote:
    > t h a d wrote:
    >
    >> ....how's everybody?
    >> :-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Thad
    >> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
    >
    >
    > /Jethro kicks Spyder in the 'taters
    >
    > For old time sake and Bold's disappeared. :-)

    Ah, the memories that came flooding back....
    Hey, Jethro!


    --
    Thad
    http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    James Whyley wrote:
    > Oh you know, getting by.
    >
    > Yourself?

    Ah, my favorite shoveller is back in town.
    It's good to see you, Mr. Whyley.

    Who do you hijack threads with these days?
    I miss our (long, obtuse, abstract)conversations, but I bet no one else
    does.
    :-)

    --
    Thad
    http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
    news:d4dpd5$d01$1@news.datasync.com...
    >>
    >> Hi Thad (what happened to Spyder?),
    >
    > My real name is Thad.
    > :-)

    Yes, I did know that :) I just wondered why you dropped your old posting name.
    I always thought "Spyder Barques" was a rude pun that I didn't quite get.
    "Spied her what?"

    --
    Paul
    (real name Shirley)
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Paul Catley wrote:
    > "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
    > news:d4dpd5$d01$1@news.datasync.com...
    >
    >>>Hi Thad (what happened to Spyder?),
    >>
    >>My real name is Thad.
    >>:-)
    >
    >
    > Yes, I did know that :) I just wondered why you dropped your old posting name.
    > I always thought "Spyder Barques" was a rude pun that I didn't quite get.
    > "Spied her what?"
    >

    It is.
    "Barking spider" is a very graphic and rude flatulence reference.
    Spyder Barques is a bad pun referencing living in Louisiana, using a
    fake Cajun spelling.

    > --
    > Paul
    > (real name Shirley)
    >
    >

    Shirley, you jest.

    --
    Gertrude
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
    news:d4doa9$c96$1@news.datasync.com
    > Neil Jones wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> Staying clear, mainly, until the fools get bored moaning about steam.
    >> Also, WoW has claimed many of us (me, Paul, Sloth, Iphi, Lyset,
    >> Strider, Bench, Sab, Losi and Whoop) and it's so much nicer there
    >> than in here :)
    >
    > Maybe because a lot of the nice people left here and went over there?
    >
    >>
    >> I'm getting BB at the end of July, so I'll be back for HLDM from then
    >> on...
    >
    > I might, too.
    >
    >>
    >> Hope it's cool in NOLA, y'dig?
    >
    > Bright sunshine, a nice breeze, at 65 degrees and 45% humidity.
    > Beautiful and totally unnatural! We're having an actual spring season
    > this year.
    > The Cajuns are all shaking their heads and muttering about ju-ju and
    > gris-gris and wondering if it's the end of the world.

    I was thinkin the same things today while out with my daughter and
    grandson. *BEAUTIFUL* day! Incredible! The kinda day that makes ya
    glad to be alive. So what if it's the wrong part of the world for it!
    ;)
    Good to see ya Thad!
    McG.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
    news:d4dob9$c96$2@news.datasync.com
    > Cannon Fodder wrote:
    >> They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
    >> their tender sensibilities... :)
    >
    > I can't imagine who might have been responsible....

    Thad they didn't pay him no nevermind anyhoo! ;)
    McG.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    It's just so difficult to have a rebuttal for the truth they don't
    even try..... :)

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:28:19 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

    >"t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
    >news:d4dob9$c96$2@news.datasync.com
    >> Cannon Fodder wrote:
    >>> They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
    >>> their tender sensibilities... :)
    >>
    >> I can't imagine who might have been responsible....
    >
    >Thad they didn't pay him no nevermind anyhoo! ;)
    >McG.
    >
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
    news:d4dq0b$d77$1@news.datasync.com...
    > James Whyley wrote:
    >> Oh you know, getting by.
    >>
    >> Yourself?
    >
    > Ah, my favorite shoveller is back in town.
    > It's good to see you, Mr. Whyley.

    Likewise. I see you're using your real name these days. Is this a step
    towards being more responsible?

    > Who do you hijack threads with these days?
    > I miss our (long, obtuse, abstract)conversations, but I bet no one else
    > does.
    > :-)

    Alas, I hijack threads alone these days and by and large, people seem a
    little uptight about my completely unrelated ramblings. I've even had
    complaints.
    Truth be told though, life is rather busy (and has been for some time) so my
    ramblings on Usenet are much reduced. It's a shame really as some people
    could do with a good shovelling.

    You're right of course, no one does miss our legendary discourse. I still
    remember the good times however.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    In article <94bl61h62ds5budtqdulb9tvl11eb2om8l@4ax.com>, Cannon Fodder
    <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote:

    > It's just so difficult to have a rebuttal for the truth they don't
    > even try..... :)

    Did I see the line bob a little there? naah.. no bites here...

    Plus, I don't think it was you and your amusing redneck politics that
    drove everyone away ;)

    ___
    Neil
    AKA HighVis
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Neil Jones wrote:

    >
    > Plus, I don't think it was you and your amusing redneck politics that
    > drove everyone away ;)

    Oh, now you've gone and hurt his feelings.
    It *is* vicious in here these days....
    And BTW, CF can't be a redneck. He's from Ah-hiah, not Texas. Never let
    him forget that. Up north the term isn't "redneck" it's "white trash".
    :-D

    --
    Thad
    http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    t h a d proclaimed...

    > ...how's everybody?
    > :-)

    Cool.

    You?

    --
    AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
    Homepage: stri.tk

    "A faineant government is not the worst
    government that England can have. It has been the
    great fault of our politicians that they have all
    wanted to do something."

    Anthony Trollope
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    rat proclaimed...

    > Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
    > monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
    > hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
    > You haven't missed much anyway...
    >
    > ;-)
    > rat

    Wow, good luck man. Congrats and what ever else people might say for
    marriages.

    --
    AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
    Homepage: stri.tk

    "A faineant government is not the worst
    government that England can have. It has been the
    great fault of our politicians that they have all
    wanted to do something."

    Anthony Trollope
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Nope, it's Ill-e-noise

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 09:39:01 -0500, t h a d
    <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote:

    >Neil Jones wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> Plus, I don't think it was you and your amusing redneck politics that
    >> drove everyone away ;)
    >
    >Oh, now you've gone and hurt his feelings.
    >It *is* vicious in here these days....
    >And BTW, CF can't be a redneck. He's from Ah-hiah, not Texas. Never let
    >him forget that. Up north the term isn't "redneck" it's "white trash".
    >:-D
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Cannon Fodder wrote:
    > Nope, it's Ill-e-noise

    I knew it was one of those vowel states.
    They're all the same, anyway....

    --
    Thad
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "rat" <itsme@hereiam.jcb.net> wrote in message
    news:3cock8F6offo8U1@individual.net...
    >
    > Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
    > monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
    > hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
    > You haven't missed much anyway...
    >
    > ;-)
    > rat

    are you barking mad old chap?
    tears for fears are shite....

    good luck/congrats...etc

    --
    DrC [aghl]
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
    news:d4gqfh$kvd$2@news.datasync.com
    > Cannon Fodder wrote:
    >> Nope, it's Ill-e-noise
    >
    > I knew it was one of those vowel states.
    > They're all the same, anyway....

    Vowel states? Means like "em- 'i' crooked letter crooked letter 'i'
    crooked letter crooked letter 'i' humpback humpback 'i' " ? or
    something? ;)

    McG.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    t h a d wrote:
    > Neil Jones wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> Plus, I don't think it was you and your amusing redneck politics that
    >> drove everyone away ;)
    >
    >
    > Oh, now you've gone and hurt his feelings.
    > It *is* vicious in here these days....
    > And BTW, CF can't be a redneck. He's from Ah-hiah, not Texas. Never let
    > him forget that. Up north the term isn't "redneck" it's "white trash".
    > :-D
    >
    > --
    > Thad
    > http://www.myspace.com/Thadness

    Nah Thad, dont ya know CF has gone up in the world - he's now 'caucasian
    debris'

    ;-)


    --
    It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
    taming in one go.
    You don't think it might be better if you worked your way toward lion
    taming, say, via banking...
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Cannon Fodder wrote:
    > I thought that was "panting with bated breath"
    >

    Painting with a bated brush?

    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Paul Catley wrote:
    > "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > news:qh3g61pgrnuqmol93qprqdesfblrtqebui@4ax.com...
    >
    >>They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
    >>their tender sensibilities... :)
    >
    >
    > Or more accurately, there were no posts that didn't :)
    >
    > Hi Thad (what happened to Spyder?), not lurking, I just happened to press the
    > aghl button instead of alt.games.warcraft, and saw an old face :)
    >
    > On broadband now, so I might think about reinstalling HL2.
    >
    > --
    > Paul
    >
    >

    How broad is your band now Paul? Got rid of that ISDN "slender" band?

    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    t h a d wrote:
    > Jethro wrote:
    >
    >> t h a d wrote:
    >>
    >>> ....how's everybody?
    >>> :-)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Thad
    >>> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> /Jethro kicks Spyder in the 'taters
    >>
    >> For old time sake and Bold's disappeared. :-)
    >
    >
    > Ah, the memories that came flooding back....
    > Hey, Jethro!
    >
    >
    > --
    > Thad
    > http://www.myspace.com/Thadness

    Pain has a way of jogging memories. Extra blood flow to the brain. :-)

    Nice to see some old codgers back in da 'hood.
    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Jethro" <me@work.now> wrote in message
    news:bI5be.20$Vt2.214172@news.sisna.com...
    >
    > How broad is your band now Paul? Got rid of that ISDN "slender" band?

    Still not very broad, I'm afraid. 256kbps only, for £19 a month. The rest of
    the UK gets 1Mbps for £18, but not here. It's a rip-off, but it's a better
    rip-off than my old connection.

    --
    Paul
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Paul Catley wrote:
    > "Jethro" <me@work.now> wrote in message
    > news:bI5be.20$Vt2.214172@news.sisna.com...
    >
    >>How broad is your band now Paul? Got rid of that ISDN "slender" band?
    >
    >
    > Still not very broad, I'm afraid. 256kbps only, for £19 a month. The rest of
    > the UK gets 1Mbps for £18, but not here. It's a rip-off, but it's a better
    > rip-off than my old connection.
    >
    > --
    > Paul
    >
    >

    Hmm that is still kinda "slender" band but 4 times faster than dialup.
    Is there any caps on that? I guess it's not fantastic for big downloads
    but should play online ok.
    As long as it's not dialup there is always a chance that they can crank
    up the bandwidth later.

    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Video Games