  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 20, 2005 11:15:52 PM

....how's everybody?
:-)

--
Thad
http://www.myspace.com/Thadness

More about : question

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 5:45:12 AM

Is this the jolly, apple cheeked giant from NO??? If so welcome...
Have been missing you and several others... Thanx for the E-mail
jokes....

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:15:52 -0500, t h a d
<spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote:

>...how's everybody?
>:-)
April 21, 2005 6:06:15 AM

t h a d wrote:
> ...how's everybody?
> :-)
>
> --
> Thad
> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness

Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
You haven't missed much anyway...

;-)
rat
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 6:06:16 AM

Congratulations!!!! What's his name??? Bruce, Eric or Chad??? Wish you
many years of happiness... :)  Yeh, Lady Fodder and I are planning to
hit the first showing.... Arthur Dent forever....

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 02:06:15 +0100, rat <itsme@hereiam.jcb.net> wrote:

>t h a d wrote:
>> ...how's everybody?
>> :-)
>>
>> --
>> Thad
>> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
>
>Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
>monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
>hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
>You haven't missed much anyway...
>
>;-)
>rat
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 10:40:29 AM

rat wrote:

> Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
> monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
> hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
> You haven't missed much anyway...

Glad everything is good.
Congratulation re: your pending numptuals!
:-)

--
Thad
http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 10:43:08 AM

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> Is this the jolly, apple cheeked giant from NO??? If so welcome...

Yes, it's me. Or is it, "It is I"?
I are we!

> Have been missing you and several others... Thanx for the E-mail
> jokes....

I don't see Vis, Paul Catley, Firewater, and a bunch of others.
Wha' happen?

--
Thad
http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
April 21, 2005 2:32:03 PM

t h a d wrote:
> ....how's everybody?
> :-)
>
> --
> Thad
> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness

/Jethro kicks Spyder in the 'taters

For old time sake and Bold's disappeared. :-)
--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

In article <d483cp$12h$2@news.datasync.com>, t h a d
<spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote:

> I don't see Vis, Paul Catley, Firewater, and a bunch of others.
> Wha' happen?

Staying clear, mainly, until the fools get bored moaning about steam.
Also, WoW has claimed many of us (me, Paul, Sloth, Iphi, Lyset,
Strider, Bench, Sab, Losi and Whoop) and it's so much nicer there than
in here :)

I'm getting BB at the end of July, so I'll be back for HLDM from then
on...

Hope it's cool in NOLA, y'dig?

___
Neil
AKA HighVis

"You woke up this morning, you got yourself a Precision Bow with a +3
scope"
April 21, 2005 11:45:48 PM

"rat" <itsme@hereiam.jcb.net> wrote in message
>t h a d wrote:
>> ...how's everybody?
>> :-)
>>
>> --
>> Thad
>> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
>
> Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
> monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
> hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
> You haven't missed much anyway...
>
> ;-)
> rat
Good luck but remember you will never be right again.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 12:30:54 AM

They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
their tender sensibilities... :)

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 06:43:08 -0500, t h a d
<spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote:

>Cannon Fodder wrote:
>> Is this the jolly, apple cheeked giant from NO??? If so welcome...
>
>Yes, it's me. Or is it, "It is I"?
>I are we!
>
>> Have been missing you and several others... Thanx for the E-mail
>> jokes....
>
>I don't see Vis, Paul Catley, Firewater, and a bunch of others.
>Wha' happen?
April 22, 2005 2:53:01 PM

rat wrote:
> t h a d wrote:
>
>> ...how's everybody?
>> :-)
>>
>> --
>> Thad
>> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
>

> Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
> monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
> hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
> You haven't missed much anyway...
>
> ;-)
> rat

Congrats for whichever one you're looking forward to most... ;-)

--
It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
taming in one go.

In article <qh3g61pgrnuqmol93qprqdesfblrtqebui@4ax.com>, Cannon Fodder
<gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote:

> They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
> their tender sensibilities... :)

We've just got lower boredom thresholds, Jack - all that 100% humidity
has rotted your brain, whereas our cold climate keeps us sharp,
impatient and immune to your recent troll-fishing attempts :D

____
Neil
AKA HighVis

"Taking on The Man with a gun in each hand!"
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 9:13:22 PM

Wait a minute - I thought you lived in Wales where it was equally wet,
all the time.

Anyway - good you see you're still lurking, and presumably awaiting the
hitchhiker's guide movie with baited breath....

Civilian_Target

Neil Jones wrote:
> We've just got lower boredom thresholds, Jack - all that 100% humidity
> has rotted your brain, whereas our cold climate keeps us sharp,
> impatient and immune to your recent troll-fishing attempts :D
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 1:15:40 AM

Oh you know, getting by.

Yourself?

"t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
news:D 46r4a$gfi$1@news.datasync.com...
> ...how's everybody?
> :-)
>
> --
> Thad
> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 5:46:10 AM

I thought that was "panting with bated breath"

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:13:22 +0100, Civilian_Target
<tadhgp@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>Anyway - good you see you're still lurking, and presumably awaiting the
>hitchhiker's guide movie with baited breath....
>
>Civilian_Target

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 9:07:52 AM

> I just happened to press the
> aghl button instead of alt.games.warcraft

Maybe we should start xposting to agwc in order to catch you attention?
LOL
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 2:10:50 PM

Neil Jones wrote:

> Staying clear, mainly, until the fools get bored moaning about steam.
> Also, WoW has claimed many of us (me, Paul, Sloth, Iphi, Lyset,
> Strider, Bench, Sab, Losi and Whoop) and it's so much nicer there than
> in here :)

Maybe because a lot of the nice people left here and went over there?

> I'm getting BB at the end of July, so I'll be back for HLDM from then
> on...

I might, too.

> Hope it's cool in NOLA, y'dig?

Bright sunshine, a nice breeze, at 65 degrees and 45% humidity.
Beautiful and totally unnatural! We're having an actual spring season
this year.
The Cajuns are all shaking their heads and muttering about ju-ju and
gris-gris and wondering if it's the end of the world.

--
Thad
http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 2:11:22 PM

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
> their tender sensibilities... :)

I can't imagine who might have been responsible....

--
Thad
http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 2:24:09 PM

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
> their tender sensibilities... :)

Or more accurately, there were no posts that didn't :)

Hi Thad (what happened to Spyder?), not lurking, I just happened to press the
aghl button instead of alt.games.warcraft, and saw an old face :)

On broadband now, so I might think about reinstalling HL2.

--
Paul
Anonymous

Paul Catley wrote:

> Hi Thad (what happened to Spyder?),

My real name is Thad.
:-)

> not lurking, I just happened to press the
> aghl button instead of alt.games.warcraft, and saw an old face :)

Getting older every day.
Maybe that's why I dropped the "Spyder".
Or maybe I was just bored with it after all these years.

> On broadband now, so I might think about reinstalling HL2.

I never bought it. I have to buy a new computer first.

--
Thad
http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 2:33:39 PM

Jethro wrote:
> t h a d wrote:
>
>> ....how's everybody?
>> :-)
>>
>> --
>> Thad
>> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
>

> /Jethro kicks Spyder in the 'taters
>
> For old time sake and Bold's disappeared. :-)

Ah, the memories that came flooding back....
Hey, Jethro!

--
Thad
http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 2:39:40 PM

James Whyley wrote:
> Oh you know, getting by.
>
> Yourself?

Ah, my favorite shoveller is back in town.
It's good to see you, Mr. Whyley.

Who do you hijack threads with these days?
I miss our (long, obtuse, abstract)conversations, but I bet no one else
does.
:-)

--
Thad
http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 9:28:29 PM

"t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
news:D 4dpd5$d01$1@news.datasync.com...

>> Hi Thad (what happened to Spyder?),
>
> My real name is Thad.
> :-)

Yes, I did know that :)  I just wondered why you dropped your old posting name.
I always thought "Spyder Barques" was a rude pun that I didn't quite get.
"Spied her what?"

--
Paul
(real name Shirley)

Paul Catley wrote:
> "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
> news:D 4dpd5$d01$1@news.datasync.com...
>
>>>Hi Thad (what happened to Spyder?),
>>
>>My real name is Thad.
>>:-)
>

> Yes, I did know that :)  I just wondered why you dropped your old posting name.
> I always thought "Spyder Barques" was a rude pun that I didn't quite get.
> "Spied her what?"

It is.
"Barking spider" is a very graphic and rude flatulence reference.
Spyder Barques is a bad pun referencing living in Louisiana, using a
fake Cajun spelling.

> --
> Paul
> (real name Shirley)

Shirley, you jest.

--
Gertrude
Anonymous

"t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
news:D 4doa9$c96$1@news.datasync.com
> Neil Jones wrote:
>>

>> Staying clear, mainly, until the fools get bored moaning about steam.
>> Also, WoW has claimed many of us (me, Paul, Sloth, Iphi, Lyset,
>> Strider, Bench, Sab, Losi and Whoop) and it's so much nicer there
>> than in here :)
>
> Maybe because a lot of the nice people left here and went over there?
>

>> I'm getting BB at the end of July, so I'll be back for HLDM from then
>> on...
>
> I might, too.
>

>> Hope it's cool in NOLA, y'dig?
>
> Bright sunshine, a nice breeze, at 65 degrees and 45% humidity.
> Beautiful and totally unnatural! We're having an actual spring season
> this year.
> The Cajuns are all shaking their heads and muttering about ju-ju and
> gris-gris and wondering if it's the end of the world.

I was thinkin the same things today while out with my daughter and
grandson. *BEAUTIFUL* day! Incredible! The kinda day that makes ya
glad to be alive. So what if it's the wrong part of the world for it!
;)
Good to see ya Thad!
McG.
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 11:28:19 PM

"t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
news:D 4dob9$c96$2@news.datasync.com
> Cannon Fodder wrote:
>> They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
>> their tender sensibilities... :)
>
> I can't imagine who might have been responsible....

Thad they didn't pay him no nevermind anyhoo! ;)
McG.
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 12:10:42 AM

It's just so difficult to have a rebuttal for the truth they don't
even try..... :)

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:28:19 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>"t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
>news:D 4dob9$c96$2@news.datasync.com
>> Cannon Fodder wrote:
>>> They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
>>> their tender sensibilities... :)
>>
>> I can't imagine who might have been responsible....
>
>Thad they didn't pay him no nevermind anyhoo! ;)
>McG.

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 2:13:54 PM

"t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
news:D 4dq0b$d77$1@news.datasync.com...
> James Whyley wrote:
>> Oh you know, getting by.
>>
>> Yourself?
>
> Ah, my favorite shoveller is back in town.
> It's good to see you, Mr. Whyley.

Likewise. I see you're using your real name these days. Is this a step
towards being more responsible?

> Who do you hijack threads with these days?
> I miss our (long, obtuse, abstract)conversations, but I bet no one else
> does.
> :-)

Alas, I hijack threads alone these days and by and large, people seem a
little uptight about my completely unrelated ramblings. I've even had
complaints.
Truth be told though, life is rather busy (and has been for some time) so my
ramblings on Usenet are much reduced. It's a shame really as some people
could do with a good shovelling.

You're right of course, no one does miss our legendary discourse. I still
remember the good times however.
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 5:18:45 PM

In article <94bl61h62ds5budtqdulb9tvl11eb2om8l@4ax.com>, Cannon Fodder
<gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote:

> It's just so difficult to have a rebuttal for the truth they don't
> even try..... :)

Did I see the line bob a little there? naah.. no bites here...

Plus, I don't think it was you and your amusing redneck politics that
drove everyone away ;)

___
Neil
AKA HighVis
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 5:18:46 PM

Neil Jones wrote:

> Plus, I don't think it was you and your amusing redneck politics that
> drove everyone away ;)

Oh, now you've gone and hurt his feelings.
It *is* vicious in here these days....
And BTW, CF can't be a redneck. He's from Ah-hiah, not Texas. Never let
him forget that. Up north the term isn't "redneck" it's "white trash".
:-D

--
Thad
http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
April 24, 2005 10:38:44 PM

t h a d proclaimed...

> ...how's everybody?
> :-)

Cool.

You?

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"A faineant government is not the worst
government that England can have. It has been the
great fault of our politicians that they have all
wanted to do something."

Anthony Trollope
April 24, 2005 10:39:24 PM

rat proclaimed...

> Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
> monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
> hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
> You haven't missed much anyway...
>
> ;-)
> rat

Wow, good luck man. Congrats and what ever else people might say for
marriages.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"A faineant government is not the worst
government that England can have. It has been the
great fault of our politicians that they have all
wanted to do something."

Anthony Trollope
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 10:52:25 PM

Nope, it's Ill-e-noise

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 09:39:01 -0500, t h a d
<spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote:

>Neil Jones wrote:
>

>> Plus, I don't think it was you and your amusing redneck politics that
>> drove everyone away ;)
>
>Oh, now you've gone and hurt his feelings.
>It *is* vicious in here these days....
>And BTW, CF can't be a redneck. He's from Ah-hiah, not Texas. Never let
>him forget that. Up north the term isn't "redneck" it's "white trash".
>:-D
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 10:52:26 PM

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> Nope, it's Ill-e-noise

I knew it was one of those vowel states.
They're all the same, anyway....

--
Thad
Anonymous

"rat" <itsme@hereiam.jcb.net> wrote in message

> Great thanks.. getting married on saturday..tears for fears on
> monday..hitchhikers guide next friday..12 straight days off work..loving
> hl2dm..just great thanks! You?
> You haven't missed much anyway...
>
> ;-)
> rat

are you barking mad old chap?
tears for fears are shite....

good luck/congrats...etc

--
DrC [aghl]
Anonymous

"t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
news:D 4gqfh$kvd$2@news.datasync.com
> Cannon Fodder wrote:
>> Nope, it's Ill-e-noise
>
> I knew it was one of those vowel states.
> They're all the same, anyway....

Vowel states? Means like "em- 'i' crooked letter crooked letter 'i'
crooked letter crooked letter 'i' humpback humpback 'i' " ? or
something? ;)

McG.
April 25, 2005 2:03:13 AM

t h a d wrote:
> Neil Jones wrote:
>

>> Plus, I don't think it was you and your amusing redneck politics that
>> drove everyone away ;)
>

> Oh, now you've gone and hurt his feelings.
> It *is* vicious in here these days....
> And BTW, CF can't be a redneck. He's from Ah-hiah, not Texas. Never let
> him forget that. Up north the term isn't "redneck" it's "white trash".
> :-D
>
> --
> Thad
> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness

Nah Thad, dont ya know CF has gone up in the world - he's now 'caucasian
debris'

;-)

--
It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
taming in one go.
You don't think it might be better if you worked your way toward lion
taming, say, via banking...
April 25, 2005 12:47:14 PM

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> I thought that was "panting with bated breath"

Painting with a bated brush?

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com
April 25, 2005 12:50:55 PM

Paul Catley wrote:
> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>
>>They're the wimps of the group.... There were posts that offended
>>their tender sensibilities... :)
>

> Or more accurately, there were no posts that didn't :)
>
> Hi Thad (what happened to Spyder?), not lurking, I just happened to press the
> aghl button instead of alt.games.warcraft, and saw an old face :)
>
> On broadband now, so I might think about reinstalling HL2.
>
> --
> Paul

How broad is your band now Paul? Got rid of that ISDN "slender" band?

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com
April 25, 2005 1:02:20 PM

t h a d wrote:
> Jethro wrote:
>
>> t h a d wrote:
>>
>>> ....how's everybody?
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thad
>>> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness
>>

>> /Jethro kicks Spyder in the 'taters
>>
>> For old time sake and Bold's disappeared. :-)
>

> Ah, the memories that came flooding back....
> Hey, Jethro!
>

> --
> Thad
> http://www.myspace.com/Thadness

Pain has a way of jogging memories. Extra blood flow to the brain. :-)

Nice to see some old codgers back in da 'hood.
--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 6:08:39 AM

"Jethro" <me@work.now> wrote in message

> How broad is your band now Paul? Got rid of that ISDN "slender" band?

Still not very broad, I'm afraid. 256kbps only, for £19 a month. The rest of
the UK gets 1Mbps for £18, but not here. It's a rip-off, but it's a better
rip-off than my old connection.

--
Paul
April 26, 2005 1:10:30 PM

Paul Catley wrote:
> "Jethro" <me@work.now> wrote in message
>
>>How broad is your band now Paul? Got rid of that ISDN "slender" band?
>

> Still not very broad, I'm afraid. 256kbps only, for £19 a month. The rest of
> the UK gets 1Mbps for £18, but not here. It's a rip-off, but it's a better
> rip-off than my old connection.
>
> --
> Paul

Hmm that is still kinda "slender" band but 4 times faster than dialup.
Is there any caps on that? I guess it's not fantastic for big downloads
but should play online ok.
As long as it's not dialup there is always a chance that they can crank
up the bandwidth later.

--
!