Cant play DVD's

Every time I try to play a DVD I get the message "create overlay failed try reducing screen resolution or colour depth". I get this message in windows media player and others like Intervideo Win DVD. The problem is that I have tried to do what I have been prompted and I still get the same message. I did not alter any settings prior to this problem and could play DVD's with no problem... can anyone help?
1 answer Last reply
More about cant play

    Try updating the graphics card drivers.
    Graham

    "Peterrad" <Peterrad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I try to play a DVD I get the message "create overlay failed
    > try reducing screen resolution or colour depth". I get this message in
    > windows media player and others like Intervideo Win DVD. The problem is
    > that I have tried to do what I have been prompted and I still get the same
    > message. I did not alter any settings prior to this problem and could play
    > DVD's with no problem... can anyone help?

Video DVD Screen Resolution Microsoft Media Player Windows XP