Read SD card with 8-in-1 reader/writer?

I bought this Dazzle 8-in-1 USB reader/writer from Dell recently. There
are 2 slots for different cards. I can read Compact Flash cards fine but
I can't get SD card to read. Double click the drive icon or trying to
format, it asks me to insert the disk.

My system recognizes the drive without installing the driver. Installing
the driver does not make any difference either.

The SD cards should be OK as it's formatted and readable from my Pocket
PC. I've inserted 2 different functioning SD cards in and it can't
recognize it. Sony's memory stick, which can be inserted at the same
slot, does not read either.

I've also tried the reader/writer on different PC (Pentium processor)
with different systems (Windows 2000, Windows XP) with the same result.

I thought the reader/writer is bad so I requested a replacement. The
replacement came and it does the same thing.

So, what can I do to read and write SD cards on a multi-function USB card
reader/writer?

Thanks for the help,

cpliu

In article <Xns95D65F4F45231chanciusliuDeleteThi@130.133.1.4>,
cpliu <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I bought this Dazzle 8-in-1 USB reader/writer from Dell recently. There
>are 2 slots for different cards. I can read Compact Flash cards fine but
>I can't get SD card to read. Double click the drive icon or trying to
>format, it asks me to insert the disk.
>
>My system recognizes the drive without installing the driver. Installing
>the driver does not make any difference either.
>
>The SD cards should be OK as it's formatted and readable from my Pocket
>PC. I've inserted 2 different functioning SD cards in and it can't
>recognize it. Sony's memory stick, which can be inserted at the same
>slot, does not read either.
>
>I've also tried the reader/writer on different PC (Pentium processor)
>with different systems (Windows 2000, Windows XP) with the same result.
>
>I thought the reader/writer is bad so I requested a replacement. The
>replacement came and it does the same thing.
>
>So, what can I do to read and write SD cards on a multi-function USB card
>reader/writer?
>
>Thanks for the help,
>
>cpliu

The Dazzle readers are problematic. I have one that STILL will not read a
Sandisk CF card even after a firmware update from Zio (who now "owns" the
Dazzle i/o products and pretends to support them).

If it's a recent purchase ... return it. Get a name brand reader from a
local store (if you have one) with a good return policy.