Burning DVD in NTSC or PAL formats

I am purchasing a digital miniDV camcorder and plan to use MovieMaker and SonicMyDVD to edit and burn the video to DVD. My computer has a DVD+RW drive. My camcorder is PAL format because I am in the UK. I would like to burn DVD's in both PAL and NTSC formats. I would like to burn DVD's in the NTSC format so that the videos may be viewed on televisions in the USA. Can you tell me what software will enable me to do this?
3 answers Last reply
More about burning ntsc formats

    Do a Google search for PAL to NTSC converters.

    "Gwyn" <Gwyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am purchasing a digital miniDV camcorder and plan to use MovieMaker and
    SonicMyDVD to edit and burn the video to DVD. My computer has a DVD+RW
    drive. My camcorder is PAL format because I am in the UK. I would like to
    burn DVD's in both PAL and NTSC formats. I would like to burn DVD's in the
    NTSC format so that the videos may be viewed on televisions in the USA. Can
    you tell me what software will enable me to do this?

    Hello there.

    I haven't seen a good conversion between two formats. If your clients in US
    have multisystem DVD player then you don't have to worry about conversion:
    film in PAL and burn your DVD in PAL too. If you want to produce NTSC DVD
    then start with using NTSC camera. There is no way around it. Many programs,
    such as Adobe Premiere allow conversion between two formats, but as I said I
    was never satisfied with the results. I also haven't heard about burning a
    DVD that has same movie in both formats, so NTSC and PAL DVD players could
    play it.

    The above is related to DVD that is intended to be played by a set-top DVD
    player.
    I guess you have wider options if you just want to burn movie on a data DVD
    as a regular file. In the later case you can use something like
    http://www.divx.com/divx/ or Microsoft to encode your movie file.
    Consequently your US clients will have to use a computer to watch your
    movie.

    Alternatively you can just host your video on the Internet with one of the
    video hosting companies, such as ours. This will provide immediate on-demand
    delivery of your video to anywhere without shipping delays and region
    restrictions. Quality will depend on the connection speed, of course.

    --
    Regards, Aharon.

    VIDEO: http://www.videoclassified.com/pres1/
    E-Mail: advertiser@videoclassified.com
    Phone: 416-418-5127
    WEB: http://www.videoclassified.com/

    "Gwyn" <Gwyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am purchasing a digital miniDV camcorder and plan to use MovieMaker and
    SonicMyDVD to edit and burn the video to DVD. My computer has a DVD+RW
    drive. My camcorder is PAL format because I am in the UK. I would like to
    burn DVD's in both PAL and NTSC formats. I would like to burn DVD's in the
    NTSC format so that the videos may be viewed on televisions in the USA. Can
    you tell me what software will enable me to do this?

    canopus procoder does a great job, but then at £300, plus needing a good pc
    you'll have to make a lot of ntsc dvd's to make it worthwhile.
    Graham

    "Advertiser" <advertiser@VideoClassified.com> wrote in message
    > Hello there.
    >
    > I haven't seen a good conversion between two formats. If your clients in
    > US
    > have multisystem DVD player then you don't have to worry about conversion:
    > film in PAL and burn your DVD in PAL too. If you want to produce NTSC DVD
    > then start with using NTSC camera. There is no way around it. Many
    > programs,
    > such as Adobe Premiere allow conversion between two formats, but as I said
    > was never satisfied with the results. I also haven't heard about burning a
    > DVD that has same movie in both formats, so NTSC and PAL DVD players could
    > play it.
    >
    > The above is related to DVD that is intended to be played by a set-top DVD
    > player.
    > I guess you have wider options if you just want to burn movie on a data
    > DVD
    > as a regular file. In the later case you can use something like
    > http://www.divx.com/divx/ or Microsoft to encode your movie file.
    > Consequently your US clients will have to use a computer to watch your
    > movie.
    >
    > Alternatively you can just host your video on the Internet with one of the
    > video hosting companies, such as ours. This will provide immediate
    > on-demand
    > delivery of your video to anywhere without shipping delays and region
    > restrictions. Quality will depend on the connection speed, of course.
    >
    > --
    > Regards, Aharon.
    >
    > VIDEO: http://www.videoclassified.com/pres1/
    > E-Mail: advertiser@videoclassified.com
    > Phone: 416-418-5127
    > WEB: http://www.videoclassified.com/
    >
    > "Gwyn" <Gwyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> I am purchasing a digital miniDV camcorder and plan to use MovieMaker and
    > SonicMyDVD to edit and burn the video to DVD. My computer has a DVD+RW
    > drive. My camcorder is PAL format because I am in the UK. I would like to
    > burn DVD's in both PAL and NTSC formats. I would like to burn DVD's in
    > the
    > NTSC format so that the videos may be viewed on televisions in the USA.
    > Can
    > you tell me what software will enable me to do this?

Video DVD Burner Windows XP