C00D11CD problem watchin an .avi movie

Hello
I been trying for the past 4 days to start a movie and keep on getting the same Error message C00D11CD. the paset 4 days i have been downloading Divx, Svcd. Xvid, Avi, DVD, MPG well all the codecs you can name. and im still getting the same error message. i even downloaded the same file thinking that my film might have a bugg. but the same problem reaper. I have posted in a number och help forums. and they all say the same "you are using the wrong codec" well now that i have all the codecs on this here planet i must turn to Windows. What in the *** is wrong plz any help or advice will do fine.
4 answers Last reply
More about c00d11cd problem watchin movie

    "Crissis" <Crissis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I been trying for the past 4 days to start a movie and keep on getting
    the same Error message C00D11CD. the paset 4 days i have been downloading
    Divx, Svcd. Xvid, Avi, DVD, MPG well all the codecs you can name. and im
    still getting the same error message. i even downloaded the same file
    thinking that my film might have a bugg. but the same problem reaper. I
    have posted in a number och help forums. and they all say the same "you
    are using the wrong codec" well now that i have all the codecs on this
    here planet i must turn to Windows. What in the *** is wrong plz any help
    or advice will do fine.

    Unfortunately, the C00D11CD error message has no one cause or cure. See
    here: http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html#0xc00d11cd and here:
    http://www.updatexp.com/c00d11cd-error.html

    Does this movie file at least have audio? Maybe you don't even get that
    far due to the error message. If you've downloaded this file from Kazaa
    or one of the other filesharing networks, you should be aware that there
    are MANY fake files being shared out there- files designed and named so
    that they seem like they must be the "real thing," but containing no
    content. The recording and movie industries make these files available in
    order to piss people off who are trying to download copyrighted material-
    they hope to annoy the filesharing community into abandoning the
    filesharing networks and to an extent, it is working.

    Try playing that movie file on another computer- one that is known to have
    no problems playing avi files. (Quickly burn it to CD-R as a "DATA" disc
    and take it over to a friend's house.) If it won't play on that system,
    the movie file is probably a fake.

    Installing every codec "on this here planet" can be a recipe for disaster
    in itself, creating all sorts of conflicts on your system. The ONLY video
    codec I have installed, aside from the official MS codecs which WMP
    automatically downloads, is the ffdshow codec:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/ To date, I have only met one avi
    file that WMP could not display, and I have watched hundreds.

    Let us know,
    Ian.

    What say your antivirus and XoftSpy reports?

    Most of my video problems have disappeared after I cleaned up my system.

    Regards, Aharon.

    VIDEO: http://www.videoclassified.com/pres1/
    E-Mail: advertiser@videoclassified.com
    Phone: 416-418-5127
    WEB: http://www.videoclassified.com/

    "Crissis" <Crissis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I been trying for the past 4 days to start a movie and keep on getting the
    same Error message C00D11CD. the paset 4 days i have been downloading Divx,
    Svcd. Xvid, Avi, DVD, MPG well all the codecs you can name. and im still
    getting the same error message. i even downloaded the same file thinking
    that my film might have a bugg. but the same problem reaper. I have posted
    in a number och help forums. and they all say the same "you are using the
    wrong codec" well now that i have all the codecs on this here planet i must
    turn to Windows. What in the *** is wrong plz any help or advice will do
    fine.

    It's more than likely that the original video file you downloaded is
    corrupt (on the website). What media player are you using, windows media
    player 9 can be a bit fussy, try playing with powerDVD if you have it or
    try the old version of media player, go start/run and type in mplayer2
    then open the file in that

    regards Doug

    "Crissis" wrote:

    > Hello
    > I been trying for the past 4 days to start a movie and keep on getting the same Error message C00D11CD. the paset 4 days i have been downloading Divx, Svcd. Xvid, Avi, DVD, MPG well all the codecs you can name. and im still getting the same error message. i even downloaded the same file thinking that my film might have a bugg. but the same problem reaper. I have posted in a number och help forums. and they all say the same "you are using the wrong codec" well now that i have all the codecs on this here planet i must turn to Windows. What in the *** is wrong plz any help or advice will do fine.

Video Movies Windows XP