  • Windows XP
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 21, 2005 1:44:51 AM

Hey,

I just bought the platinum edition of Half Life as I hadnt played in
years and wanted to install it on my laptop. When clicking on the setup
for Half Life game of the year edition, I get an error message reading

"C:\WINDOWS\System32\AutoExec.NT. The system file is not suitable for
running MSDOS and Microsoft Windows applications"

Any ideas?

The G Man

More about : half life install

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 2:47:14 AM

> system file is not suitable for running
> MSDOS and Microsoft Windows applications

Know XP problem
Nothing to do with Steam/Valve/HL2

Search on google using eg "autoexec.nt" for a solution :-)

Eg
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00642.htm

rgds
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 2:52:40 AM

Everyday is Race Day!
<Graham.Drummond@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> I just bought the platinum edition of Half Life as I hadnt played in
> years and wanted to install it on my laptop. When clicking on the setup
> for Half Life game of the year edition, I get an error message reading
>
> "C:\WINDOWS\System32\AutoExec.NT. The system file is not suitable for
> running MSDOS and Microsoft Windows applications"
>
> Any ideas?
>
> The G Man
I purchased the same program I registered it with Steam
and it updates and everything. I bought the counterstrike package today, I'm
having a blast. So anyway download Steam and register it, I'm sure it will
work. Except for Blue Shift it don't seem to work.
but HL and Opposing Force works in Steam.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 3:02:38 AM

Everyday is Race Day!
"jb3ng311" <noone@noone.com> wrote in message

> --
> Everyday is Race Day!
> <Graham.Drummond@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hey,
>>
>> I just bought the platinum edition of Half Life as I hadnt played in
>> years and wanted to install it on my laptop. When clicking on the setup
>> for Half Life game of the year edition, I get an error message reading
>>
>> "C:\WINDOWS\System32\AutoExec.NT. The system file is not suitable for
>> running MSDOS and Microsoft Windows applications"
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> The G Man
> I purchased the same program I registered it with Steam
> and it updates and everything. I bought the counterstrike package today,
> I'm having a blast. So anyway download Steam and register it, I'm sure it
> will work. Except for Blue Shift it don't seem to work.
> but HL and Opposing Force works in Steam.

I forgot to say just put the registration code in steam and it will download
and work.If you were on broadband I'd hate to say this if you were on
dialup!
Peace out
!