Half Life won't install on XP

Hey,

I just bought the platinum edition of Half Life as I hadnt played in
years and wanted to install it on my laptop. When clicking on the setup
for Half Life game of the year edition, I get an error message reading

"C:\WINDOWS\System32\AutoExec.NT. The system file is not suitable for
running MSDOS and Microsoft Windows applications"

Any ideas?

The G Man
3 answers Last reply
More about half life install

    > system file is not suitable for running
    > MSDOS and Microsoft Windows applications

    Know XP problem
    Nothing to do with Steam/Valve/HL2

    Search on google using eg "autoexec.nt" for a solution :-)

    Eg
    http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00642.htm

    rgds

    Everyday is Race Day!
    <Graham.Drummond@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    >
    > I just bought the platinum edition of Half Life as I hadnt played in
    > years and wanted to install it on my laptop. When clicking on the setup
    > for Half Life game of the year edition, I get an error message reading
    >
    > "C:\WINDOWS\System32\AutoExec.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    > running MSDOS and Microsoft Windows applications"
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > The G Man
    I purchased the same program I registered it with Steam
    and it updates and everything. I bought the counterstrike package today, I'm
    having a blast. So anyway download Steam and register it, I'm sure it will
    work. Except for Blue Shift it don't seem to work.
    but HL and Opposing Force works in Steam.

    Everyday is Race Day!
    "jb3ng311" <noone@noone.com> wrote in message

    > --
    > Everyday is Race Day!
    > <Graham.Drummond@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hey,
    >>
    >> I just bought the platinum edition of Half Life as I hadnt played in
    >> years and wanted to install it on my laptop. When clicking on the setup
    >> for Half Life game of the year edition, I get an error message reading
    >>
    >> "C:\WINDOWS\System32\AutoExec.NT. The system file is not suitable for
    >> running MSDOS and Microsoft Windows applications"
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> The G Man
    > I purchased the same program I registered it with Steam
    > and it updates and everything. I bought the counterstrike package today,
    > I'm having a blast. So anyway download Steam and register it, I'm sure it
    > will work. Except for Blue Shift it don't seem to work.
    > but HL and Opposing Force works in Steam.

    I forgot to say just put the registration code in steam and it will download
    and work.If you were on broadband I'd hate to say this if you were on
    dialup!
    Peace out

Windows XP Video Games