Windows XP or Manufacturers CD?

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

I have an XP Home PC and an XP Pro Laptop, am new to wireless networking but
am unable to connect the two.
I keep getting windows showing that the connection is there, and the signal
strength is strong but can I share files or connect tot he internet (the PC
has ADSL). The Windows help doesn't seem to help much either.

Anyone know of a dummies guide on the net that could help me?

Thanks

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
If you installed Windows XPSP2 you might give it a try through Windows.
It up to the Wireless manufacturer to make sure that his hardware is fully
compatible with Windows.
Wireless - Basic: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Simon" <Simon@Simon.com> wrote in message
> I have an XP Home PC and an XP Pro Laptop, am new to wireless networking
but
> am unable to connect the two.
> I keep getting windows showing that the connection is there, and the
signal
> strength is strong but can I share files or connect tot he internet (the
PC
> has ADSL). The Windows help doesn't seem to help much either.
>
> Anyone know of a dummies guide on the net that could help me?
>
> Thanks

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Thanks Jack,

After lots of playing around I can finally share files across the two
computers.

However, Can I get my internet working on the laptop? I used to have this
working a while back and it was just a fluke then that I managed to get it
working. I have run the wizards over and over again (sometimes loosing my
file sharing) but seem unable to get the internet connection.

Can you or anyone help please?

Thanks
Simon