DVD Problems

What is wrong with my DVD drive or system? When I try to play a DVD through
PowerDVD it says "Internal Error." When I try in Windows Media Player it
says "Playing" But the timer doesn't start. And yesterday it said some
thing, "Your system is set to DVD region 1. Tp play the DVD, set your
system to region 1." When I try to play the movie in WinDVD, the picture
comes out, but really choppy, so is the sound. But when it gets to the main
menu, I can't select "Play Movie" or any other tabs. Whats wrong with my
DVD player? It used to work fine the last time I used it, which was about a
few months ago. Could someone try to help me? Thanks a lot.
4 answers Last reply
More about problems

    What say your antivirus and XoftSpy reports?

    Most of my video problems have disappeared after I cleaned my system.

    Regards, Aharon.

    VIDEO: http://www.videoclassified.com/pres1/
    E-Mail: advertiser@videoclassified.com
    Phone: 416-418-5127
    WEB: http://www.videoclassified.com/

    "Ron R" <deltaforce3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > What is wrong with my DVD drive or system? When I try to play a DVD
    through
    > PowerDVD it says "Internal Error." When I try in Windows Media Player it
    > says "Playing" But the timer doesn't start. And yesterday it said some
    > thing, "Your system is set to DVD region 1. Tp play the DVD, set your
    > system to region 1." When I try to play the movie in WinDVD, the picture
    > comes out, but really choppy, so is the sound. But when it gets to the
    main
    > menu, I can't select "Play Movie" or any other tabs. Whats wrong with my
    > DVD player? It used to work fine the last time I used it, which was about
    > few months ago. Could someone try to help me? Thanks a lot.

    So mine are caused by a virus? Is that what you are trying to say? Well I
    have the latest update of Norton AntiVirus and has no virus's detected. If
    I do a reformat and re-install my XP, will the problem go away? Btw whats
    XoftSpy?
    "Advertiser" <advertiser@VideoClassified.com> wrote in message
    > What say your antivirus and XoftSpy reports?
    >
    > Most of my video problems have disappeared after I cleaned my system.
    >
    > Regards, Aharon.
    >
    > VIDEO: http://www.videoclassified.com/pres1/
    > E-Mail: advertiser@videoclassified.com
    > Phone: 416-418-5127
    > WEB: http://www.videoclassified.com/
    >
    > "Ron R" <deltaforce3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > What is wrong with my DVD drive or system? When I try to play a DVD
    > through
    > > PowerDVD it says "Internal Error." When I try in Windows Media Player
    it
    > > says "Playing" But the timer doesn't start. And yesterday it said some
    > > thing, "Your system is set to DVD region 1. Tp play the DVD, set your
    > > system to region 1." When I try to play the movie in WinDVD, the
    picture
    > > comes out, but really choppy, so is the sound. But when it gets to the
    > main
    > > menu, I can't select "Play Movie" or any other tabs. Whats wrong with
    my
    > > DVD player? It used to work fine the last time I used it, which was
    about
    > > few months ago. Could someone try to help me? Thanks a lot.

    Hi there.

    The reason why I've asked about BOTH antivirus AND XoftSpy is because
    spyware and adware aren't considered by Norton Antivirus to be harmful and
    aren't detected and consequently aren't removed. I've noticed significant
    improvement in my video computer's performance after cleaning it up with
    XoftSpy. There are many drawbacks, thought. I had to re-install quite a few
    programs AND disconnect that computer from the Internet to keep it clean.
    Formatting your HD will help until the moment you connect your computer to
    the Internet. At the moment of connection you'll get same set of spyware and
    adware bugs that you're likely to have now. XoftSpy cures your computer, but
    doesn't protect it from repeated infection by the same spyware and adware.
    After cleaning my computer I was getting same set of bugs on the first
    re-boot even without me launching a WEB browser.

    To find more information about XoftSpy just use Google. It is one of many
    spyware protection programs and probably not the best. Another popular one
    is called Spybot. Google on that one too.

> [...]

    > > through
    > > > PowerDVD it says "Internal Error." When I try in Windows Media Player
    > it
    > > > says "Playing" But the timer doesn't start. And yesterday it said
    some
    > > > thing, "Your system is set to DVD region 1. Tp play the DVD, set your
    > > > system to region 1." When I try to play the movie in WinDVD, the
    > picture
    > > > comes out, but really choppy, so is the sound. But when it gets to
    the
    > > main
    > > > menu, I can't select "Play Movie" or any other tabs. Whats wrong with
    > my
    > > > DVD player? It used to work fine the last time I used it, which was
    > about
    > > > few months ago. Could someone try to help me? Thanks a lot.

Video DVD Windows XP