di-624 firewall

Running two computers wireless connected to di-624 wireless router with
cable modem connected to the router.
Does the di-624 protect my computers with a firewall?
Can I turn off windows xp firewall?

Remove nospam to reply
Tim@nospamSickles.net
1 answer Last reply
More about firewall

    Yes, I have the same router. You can turn off the firewall in XP. When you install SP2 you will need disable the firewall install with the update, on all PC's. No SP2 also installs a Pop-up blocker, initially you might want to disable this, especially if you are using a third party pop-up blocker.

    Before installing SP2, go to the D-Link website, there is an update for the firmware for the router. Should be version 2.45. Also update the drivers for Wi-Fi cards.

    Also update your AV programs/security programs, especially if your are using Norton, there is an update for SP2 there, before installing SP2.

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    "Tim Sickles" <tim@sickles.net> wrote in message news:%23c$Z7c5hEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    Running two computers wireless connected to di-624 wireless router with
    cable modem connected to the router.
    Does the di-624 protect my computers with a firewall?
    Can I turn off windows xp firewall?

    Remove nospam to reply
    Tim@nospamSickles.net

Wireless Firewalls Computers Wireless Networking