How do I read SMART Attributes..

Yes I am very very confused when they make statements that Smaller means that
its going to fail

Can some one explain what the 3 readings mean & the RAW one,...

Not all articles that I have found name the 3 attributes the same..

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about read smart attributes

    Previously puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

    > How do I read SMART Attributes..

    Use the free and very good smartmontools:

    http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

    > Yes I am very very confused when they make statements that Smaller
    > means that its going to fail

    Which is comletely wrong, of course, unlss you are talking about
    raw, uninterpreted values. But nobody can read these direcly
    anyway.

    > Can some one explain what the 3 readings mean & the RAW one,...

    Which ones? Maybe post the compete output from 'smartctl -a /dev/hda'
    (assuming it is the first disk) here?

    > Not all articles that I have found name the 3 attributes the same..
    > Thanks

    Arno

Hardware Storage IBM