using a projector as a second monitor

July 28, 2004 2:11:02 AM

I am using Windows Xp on my laptop, a Dell Inspiron 8100. At Church I hook up an Hp projector to the VGA port and have no problems using powerpoint with this configuration. My question is: How do I project DVDs and other programs. I once got a DVD to display using Windows Media Player 9 but went through so many tries that I don't remember how and have since been unable to do so. I am new to this type of use for my laptop and would appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks
Phil

More about : projector monitor

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 12:20:20 AM

Generally for overlay you need to set the projector to be the main display,
not the pc screen. Use the display properties to get here.
Graham

!