Bootable PCMCIA Card for Windows

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
January 9, 2005 7:41:24 PM

Is there any way to boot off of a PCMCIA card using a standard PC? I would
boot either OpenBSD or Windows 2000.

--
Will
Anonymous

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 16:41:24 -0800, "Will"
<DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote:

>Is there any way to boot off of a PCMCIA card using a standard PC? I would
>boot either OpenBSD or Windows 2000.

What do you want to boot? Flash memory? PCMCIA DVD?

never tried to boot directly off PCMCIA storage. If it is not
possible you could probably run *nix off the PCMCIA storage after the
computer first reads the boot loader off a floppy which also loads the
PCMCIA/carbus support. It may not really be possible with win2k or
may require jumping through many more hoops.