DVD Player Software

I know there is a variety of different DVD player software
out there, but does Microsoft offer one that's compatable
with XP? The one that came loaded on my system tells me
that it cannot open because it was configured for the
Millenium edition. I'm just wondering if there's a
different version that I can download from the Microsoft
site. Thanks

Microsoft doesn't make any DVD software. You need to purchase either
programs like WinDVD or PowerDVD, or goto the Windows Media site and
download the DVD Decoder Packs for WMP. It is likely your current DVD
decoder will work with XP, just ask the maker of it first.

--
NOTE: Replies are to help benefit others
in helping you and reproducing issues, not
"Occam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know there is a variety of different DVD player software
> out there, but does Microsoft offer one that's compatable
> with XP? The one that came loaded on my system tells me
> that it cannot open because it was configured for the
> Millenium edition. I'm just wondering if there's a
> different version that I can download from the Microsoft
> site. Thanks

peculiar

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002

"Chris Lanier [MVP]" wrote:

> Microsoft doesn't make any DVD software. You need to purchase either
> programs like WinDVD or PowerDVD, or goto the Windows Media site and
> download the DVD Decoder Packs for WMP. It is likely your current DVD
> decoder will work with XP, just ask the maker of it first.
>
> --
> NOTE: Replies are to help benefit others
> in helping you and reproducing issues, not
> necessarily for me to get back to you.
> ---
> "Occam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I know there is a variety of different DVD player software
> > out there, but does Microsoft offer one that's compatable
> > with XP? The one that came loaded on my system tells me
> > that it cannot open because it was configured for the
> > Millenium edition. I'm just wondering if there's a
> > different version that I can download from the Microsoft
> > site. Thanks

peculiar

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002

I bought and downloaded WINDVD6 but cannot find it in my temp files to
launch it?