DVD player region properties - no more changes remaining

Hi,

I have a person who likes to play both US and European DVD's on his home computer. The DVD region properties in Windows XP now reads "Changes remaining: 0" and he would like this to not have a limit. He continually needs to switch between the formats and I am wondering if there is a Windows fix (and not third-party software/hardware) that will resolve this?

Many thanks,
Melissa
2 answers Last reply
More about player region properties remaining

    No, this is not a Windows restriction but a hardware
    restriction on your DVD player.
    Windows cannot help you here...
    You could download the free utility called DVD region
    free"....search google for it....works great!

    Thank you for the advice, I"ll try this out.

    Melissa

    "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

    > No, this is not a Windows restriction but a hardware
    > restriction on your DVD player.
    > Windows cannot help you here...
    > You could download the free utility called DVD region
    > free"....search google for it....works great!

Video DVD Players Windows XP