WMP9 Variable Bit-Rate Media Problem

Everytime I try to play a media file that is Variable Bit-
Rate, WMP plays it messed up. It looks like it plays less
than 256 colour and it lags quite alot. I am using
Windows Movie Maker 2 to make a vid, but it encodes as
VBR and I can't seem to find a way to change that, and
WMP isn't playing any VBR media properly.
I'm running XP Pro, WMP9, all updates, Raedon 9500 Pro
AGP. Can anyone help me?
1 answer Last reply
More about wmp9 variable rate media problem

    You can download the WM9 Series encoder from microsoft,
    then select, convert .Even if a file is WMP9 ready you can still
    convert and adjust the variable bit rate for it to reprocess the file.

    "Luke" wrote:

    > Everytime I try to play a media file that is Variable Bit-
    > Rate, WMP plays it messed up. It looks like it plays less
    > than 256 colour and it lags quite alot. I am using
    > Windows Movie Maker 2 to make a vid, but it encodes as
    > VBR and I can't seem to find a way to change that, and
    > WMP isn't playing any VBR media properly.
    > I'm running XP Pro, WMP9, all updates, Raedon 9500 Pro
    > AGP. Can anyone help me?

Video Windows Movie Maker Windows XP