  • Video
  • Windows Movie Maker
  • Windows XP
July 28, 2004 4:23:58 PM

Everytime I try to play a media file that is Variable Bit-
Rate, WMP plays it messed up. It looks like it plays less
than 256 colour and it lags quite alot. I am using
Windows Movie Maker 2 to make a vid, but it encodes as
VBR and I can't seem to find a way to change that, and
WMP isn't playing any VBR media properly.
I'm running XP Pro, WMP9, all updates, Raedon 9500 Pro
AGP. Can anyone help me?

More about : wmp9 variable bit rate media problem

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 11:14:05 PM

You can download the WM9 Series encoder from microsoft,
then select, convert .Even if a file is WMP9 ready you can still
convert and adjust the variable bit rate for it to reprocess the file.

!