WMP9 Variable Bit-Rate Media Problem

July 28, 2004 4:23:58 PM

Everytime I try to play a media file that is Variable Bit-
Rate, WMP plays it messed up. It looks like it plays less
than 256 colour and it lags quite alot. I am using
Windows Movie Maker 2 to make a vid, but it encodes as
VBR and I can't seem to find a way to change that, and
WMP isn't playing any VBR media properly.
I'm running XP Pro, WMP9, all updates, Raedon 9500 Pro
AGP. Can anyone help me?
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 11:14:05 PM

You can download the WM9 Series encoder from microsoft,
then select, convert .Even if a file is WMP9 ready you can still
convert and adjust the variable bit rate for it to reprocess the file.

!