IIS in Windows 7

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Home Basic
  • IIS
Last response: in Windows 7
a b $ Windows 7
December 20, 2010 5:24:30 AM

How to install IIS in Windows 7 Home basic.

i had tried to install but it was not installed successfully.....

is it version problem ?

More about : iis windows

a b $ Windows 7
December 20, 2010 7:32:42 AM

indeed you need professional at best.
m
l
December 20, 2010 3:28:32 PM

I can help if you’re looking to enable IIS in Win7. Start off by going to the Control Panel > Program and Features. Next click on Turn Windows features on or off, left hand side. Windows Feature window will open and now you should see "Internet Information Services"(IIS) and its subsets. Select the components for IIS that you would like to install. Hope this helps.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 21, 2010 2:11:29 PM

OgCracKer said:
I can help if you’re looking to enable IIS in Win7. Start off by going to the Control Panel > Program and Features. Next click on Turn Windows features on or off, left hand side. Windows Feature window will open and now you should see "Internet Information Services"(IIS) and its subsets. Select the components for IIS that you would like to install. Hope this helps.

I had done this but this is not worked for me.
Does any other option for that ?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 21, 2010 2:39:33 PM

fowang said:

But i had already Purchased Windows 7 Home Basic.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 21, 2010 5:52:37 PM

fowang said:

Not true according to Microsoft. What happens when you try to install it; any error messages; how do you know it's not working?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 22, 2010 12:59:32 PM

couldnt remember if admin tools could be used from home edition :p 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 23, 2010 12:22:30 PM

Ijack said:
Not true according to Microsoft. What happens when you try to install it; any error messages; how do you know it's not working?

After installin IIS i'm not seeing in Administrator Tools and in Internet Explorer.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 23, 2010 1:38:03 PM

Just tried it on my Home Premium, and it works fine, and Microsoft indicate that it ought to be the same for Home Basic. What URL are you using in IE? (http://localhost ought to produce a result).

I'd be inclined to turn the feature off then turn it on again, making sure that "IIS Management Console" under "Web Management Tools" is one of the options turned on
m
l