XP Unable to Complete Formatting of External HDD

Have a new 250 GB external Hitachi Drive connected by firewire to Dell
Inspiron running XP home. Used Disk Management to partition and format
new drive as storage. After a long formatting process XP gets to 100%
and then reports thay it is unable to complete formatting. Driving me
crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

Andy

What file system? If it's FAT32, you'll get that message.

On 12 Jan 2005 21:13:59 -0800, pryan49@hotmail.com wrote:

>Have a new 250 GB external Hitachi Drive connected by firewire to Dell
>Inspiron running XP home. Used Disk Management to partition and format
>new drive as storage. After a long formatting process XP gets to 100%
>and then reports thay it is unable to complete formatting. Driving me
>crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS