Anyone have experience with scsi and ata on the same system? Will this
work without problem? Is it a bad idea?

Thanks in advance

jcostant99@yahoo.com wrote:
> Anyone have experience with scsi and ata on the same system? Will this
> work without problem? Is it a bad idea?
>
> Thanks in advance

I've used SCSI with ATA on my system, works fine.
Any more details on what your trying to setup?

jcostant99@yahoo.com wrote:
> Anyone have experience with scsi and ata on the same system? Will this
> work without problem? Is it a bad idea?

Sure, it will work fine.

--
-WD

Will Dormann wrote:

> jcostant99@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Anyone have experience with scsi and ata on the same system? Will this
>> work without problem? Is it a bad idea?
>
> Sure, it will work fine.

With the caveat "barring a pathological combination of hardware".

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

I've got a Dell 420 Precision with 18G scsi. I have just loaded win2k
and wish to dual boot with Linux. I think I could use more storage,
and I am being very "cost conscious". Best Buy has a 120G drive for
$40. The price is right.

jcostant99@yahoo.com wrote:

> Anyone have experience with scsi and ata on the same system? Will this
> work without problem? Is it a bad idea?
>
> Thanks in advance

Works fine.
--
Cheers, Bob

cjt

J. Clarke wrote:
> Will Dormann wrote:
>

>>jcostant99@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone have experience with scsi and ata on the same system? Will this
>>>work without problem? Is it a bad idea?
>>
>>Sure, it will work fine.
>

> With the caveat "barring a pathological combination of hardware".

.... or an uncooperative BIOS (which could restrict the drives(s)
from which you can boot).

<jcostant99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1105843698.281950.326920@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com
> Anyone have experience with scsi and ata on the same system?

So what system exactly do you think SCSI controllers are supposed to be used in?

> Will this work without problem? Is it a bad idea?
>
> Thanks in advance

I think I got that. Can boot into linux from a floppy, but not the hard
drive.

The SCSI has win2000 on it. Using the NTLDR to manage booting. I have
set it up to boot win2000 or Linux (off of ATA drive.) When I select
Linux, I get "L 01 01 ..."