video capture problem

Movie maker does not capture video from my dv camera,
though camera controls work. Does not even display
video. Please help???

Which make and model of digital camcorder?

Is it connected via firewire?

Is it powered by A/C and NOT by its battery?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Vijay Valecha" <valecha@dwsd.org> wrote in message
> Movie maker does not capture video from my dv camera,
> though camera controls work. Does not even display
> video. Please help???

I have the similar problem. My cam is a Panasonic PV-GS13. I have tried
MM2, Ulead and WinDV. They all have the same symptom: after the first
picture displayed, the software froze, my camcorder was still playing.
Please help, thanks in advance.

Rachel3495

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Which make and model of digital camcorder?
>
> Is it connected via firewire?
>
> Is it powered by A/C and NOT by its battery?
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Vijay Valecha" <valecha@dwsd.org> wrote in message
> > Movie maker does not capture video from my dv camera,
> > though camera controls work. Does not even display
> > video. Please help???

Hi.
Same problem here with Canon MV700i used in Firewire. Can control the camera
via software (play, stop, etc) but no image in preview.
Testing on different PC led me to believe that it's a ServicePack1 and/or
DirectX problem.
Not working on WinXP SP1 with DX 9.0b
Working on Win2003 server with DX 9.0

Supposedly a similar problem is fixed in SP 2 and it might help us too but
SP2 for XP creates 3 times the problems that solves therefore I'll not have
it.
Anyone discovered the hotfix ID:830363?

I am trying to install a sumvision camera for my laptop, and using the xp sp2
as OS, the laptop keep telling me that there are no Video Capture Hardware to
be found, do i need to down load this seperate or....?