Leonhl2_1 and Drob1

"Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:Qeiae.1109800$6l.597659@pd7tw2no...
> Well I just finished playing these two maps and I must say I enjoyed them
> immensely, They were quite well done and both played witout a hitch, Kudus
> and thanks to the authors of these mods.
>
> http://www.fileplanet.com/150083/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---SP-:-Das-Roboss
>
> and
>
> http://www.fileplanet.com/151873/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---Leon's-SinglePlayer-Map-Pack
>
> Regards, Rene Lamontagne

Yes they are very good. Here is a few more that I had fun with.

sp_justice_v2
ptk_sp_apartment_101
The Dayhard series Part 1,2, and 3 are each kind of short but well done.

All found at,

http://www.levels4you.com/sections/halflife2/index.l4y?cat=220

Mox

"Mox 13" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>> Well I just finished playing these two maps and I must say I enjoyed them
>> immensely, They were quite well done and both played witout a hitch,
>> Kudus and thanks to the authors of these mods.
>>
>> http://www.fileplanet.com/150083/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---SP-:-Das-Roboss
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://www.fileplanet.com/151873/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---Leon's-SinglePlayer-Map-Pack
>>
>> Regards, Rene Lamontagne
>

> Yes they are very good. Here is a few more that I had fun with.
>
> sp_justice_v2
> ptk_sp_apartment_101
> The Dayhard series Part 1,2, and 3 are each kind of short but well done.
>
> All found at,
>
> http://www.levels4you.com/sections/halflife2/index.l4y?cat=220
>
> Mox

Thanks for the link Mox 13, will give them a go this weekend.

Regards, Rene lamontagne

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 02:17:20 GMT, "Rene Lamontagne" <rlamont@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>http://www.fileplanet.com/151873/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---Leon's-SinglePlayer-Map-Pack
>
>Regards, Rene Lamontagne

Ummm... http://www.steveevans.org/hl2.jpg
Bad mapping or bad athlon XP1900/9800 pro ?

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org

Killah Gorillah wrote:
> Steve Evans wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 02:17:20 GMT, "Rene Lamontagne"
<rlamont@shaw.ca>
> > wrote:
> >

>>http://www.fileplanet.com/151873/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---Leon's-SinglePlayer-Map-Pack
> >>
> >>Regards, Rene Lamontagne
> >>

> > Ummm... http://www.steveevans.org/hl2.jpg
> > Bad mapping or bad athlon XP1900/9800 pro ?
> >

> Damnit, don't do that. How many other people tried to move the mouse
and
> get a better view XD
>
> Bad lighting/rendering. Map looks decent.

Am I being thick? What are we looking at? is it just that one building
is orange, while everything else looks monochrome?

On 25 Apr 2005 00:47:15 -0700, "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Killah Gorillah wrote:
>> Steve Evans wrote:
>>
>> > On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 02:17:20 GMT, "Rene Lamontagne"
><rlamont@shaw.ca>
>> > wrote:
>> >

>>>http://www.fileplanet.com/151873/150000/fileinfo/Half-Life-2---Leon's-SinglePlayer-Map-Pack

>> > Ummm... http://www.steveevans.org/hl2.jpg
>> > Bad mapping or bad athlon XP1900/9800 pro ?
>> >

>> Damnit, don't do that. How many other people tried to move the mouse
>and
>> get a better view XD
>>
>> Bad lighting/rendering. Map looks decent.
>
>Am I being thick? What are we looking at? is it just that one building
>is orange, while everything else looks monochrome?

Heh, I think you're all being thick ;-) I was referring to my frame
rate in the top right corner.

--
steve AT steveevans DOT org

>>Am I being thick? What are we looking at? is it just that one building
>>is orange, while everything else looks monochrome?
>
> Heh, I think you're all being thick ;-) I was referring to my frame
> rate in the top right corner.
>
> --
> steve AT steveevans DOT org

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up for us. I was going blind staring at
that picture trying to figure out what I was looking for. The mapper, Leon
knew he had some problems. This is from the text file included with the map.

"and when you have difficulty playing them,((it starts to look more like a
slideshow)) because you don't have a very powerful computer than you could
try to lower the graphics settings a bit in the menu."

I think he understated the problem. My P4 3.0/GF 6800 bogged down quite a
bit , but not to 1 FPS, or to the point where I had to lower the settings. I
still thought it was a pretty good map.

Thickly,
Mox