My Dell Inspiron does not recognize my JVC (model:GR-DVM5)
Video Camera. I'm using a Digital-out connection in the
camera to the Digital-in connection in the computer.
Any ideas anyone?

You mean firewire to firewire?

Is the Camcorder turned ON and in VCR mode?

Is it connected to an A/C power source and not running on its internal
battery?

--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"GERI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Dell Inspiron does not recognize my JVC (model:GR-DVM5)
> Video Camera. I'm using a Digital-out connection in the
> camera to the Digital-in connection in the computer.
> Any ideas anyone?

Cari, thanks for your interest.
Yes, firewire to firewire.
Yes, camera on, in play mode.
Yes connected to AC power source.

Geri from London.

See if you have a friend that has a PC with a firewire port.... and see if
it connects to his/her PC. It may be a faulty firewire cable, but let's see
if we can diagnose a bit further first.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

> Cari, thanks for your interest.
> Yes, firewire to firewire.
> Yes, camera on, in play mode.
> Yes connected to AC power source.
>
> Geri from London.

Cari, magically the problem has been solved. I purchased
yet another new cable; on the first attempt, the camera
was recognized. So I can now enter a new era of computer
movie making.
Many thanks for your advice.
Greetings from London England
Geri Stillit.

Yey!! Happy capture and editing! Hope you managed to return the bad cable!
www.coribright.com