Camera not recognised

My Dell Inspiron does not recognize my JVC (model:GR-DVM5)
Video Camera. I'm using a Digital-out connection in the
camera to the Digital-in connection in the computer.
Any ideas anyone?
5 answers Last reply
More about camera recognised

    You mean firewire to firewire?

    Is the Camcorder turned ON and in VCR mode?

    Is it connected to an A/C power source and not running on its internal
    battery?

    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "GERI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My Dell Inspiron does not recognize my JVC (model:GR-DVM5)
    > Video Camera. I'm using a Digital-out connection in the
    > camera to the Digital-in connection in the computer.
    > Any ideas anyone?

    Cari, thanks for your interest.
    Yes, firewire to firewire.
    Yes, camera on, in play mode.
    Yes connected to AC power source.

    Geri from London.

    See if you have a friend that has a PC with a firewire port.... and see if
    it connects to his/her PC. It may be a faulty firewire cable, but let's see
    if we can diagnose a bit further first.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    > Cari, thanks for your interest.
    > Yes, firewire to firewire.
    > Yes, camera on, in play mode.
    > Yes connected to AC power source.
    >
    > Geri from London.

    Cari, magically the problem has been solved. I purchased
    yet another new cable; on the first attempt, the camera
    was recognized. So I can now enter a new era of computer
    movie making.
    Many thanks for your advice.
    Greetings from London England
    Geri Stillit.

    Yey!! Happy capture and editing! Hope you managed to return the bad cable!
    www.coribright.com

Video Connection Cameras Windows XP