valve consistency making hl2 consoles the only proper vers..

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

valve is making a hl2 steam free version only for consoles
is that a surprise?
for those like myself which know very well what valve plans
are, no it's not! its totally expected!

since last year valve became a enemy of pc games
since last year valve has been a dedicated destroyer of pc
games, so this news is very consistent with what valve has
been doing

we in pc games face 3 big problems which are steam piracy
and consoles, and valve is involved in supporting them all
.. steam: valve are the creators of this extremely damaging
technology with the only purpose of turning pc gamers into
weak submissive brainwashed and imprisoned consumers
.. piracy: like i've been telling all along, steam actively
promotes piracy and forces pc gamers into piracy making it
the first system to officially promote piracy
.. consoles: this was the last one valve started supporting
but i knew sooner or later it had to come, so valve wants
to help even more the unfair competition we now face from
consoles by giving preference and making available only in
consoles the only proper version of there games

this is all very consistent to what valve has been doing for
the last months... they are following a very well conceived
plan to destroy pc games
valve mission is the destruction of the pc game market like
we now have, creating a new one for their sole advantage so
they can have total domination and control and turn it into
a monopolistic environment and become the absolute ruler

valve is now involved in everything damaging for pc games
everything! so we have to give them credit, they are really
good in doing it

i know valve will never change... its obvious... we all know
the only solution is they leaving pc games, so yes my wish is
valve leave pc games and become a console only developer...
it would be the best thing to save pc games from such a big
and destructive menace

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

> He says while crossposting.

I could have posted to AGHL only, but then the message wouldn't have
been send to csipga, csipgr or csipgs and the message would have less
to none relevance
Though I wonder what rpg or strategic has to do with Steam

> I'm beginning to wonder what this AGHL
> actually stands for.

I understand why you can't figure that

> LOL. What a chump.

I guess we are in the same boat then

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> valve is making a hl2 steam free version only for consoles
> is that a surprise?

So what? FPS on consoles are always a pathetic joke, because of the dire
controls and laughable 'auto-aim'.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

It was a nice holiday, but I guess nothing good ever lasts. Looks like
you finally talked your mom into letting you on the internet again.

LOL.

Remove nospam_ to reply by email

Jeff H........

Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO/steamKiller says.
He fears the truth!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Nothing snipped to save this post for the ages.

steamKILLER wrote:

> valve is making a hl2 steam free version only for consoles
> is that a surprise?
> for those like myself which know very well what valve plans
> are, no it's not! its totally expected!
>
> since last year valve became a enemy of pc games
> since last year valve has been a dedicated destroyer of pc
> games, so this news is very consistent with what valve has
> been doing
>
> we in pc games face 3 big problems which are steam piracy
> and consoles, and valve is involved in supporting them all
> . steam: valve are the creators of this extremely damaging
> technology with the only purpose of turning pc gamers into
> weak submissive brainwashed and imprisoned consumers
> . piracy: like i've been telling all along, steam actively
> promotes piracy and forces pc gamers into piracy making it
> the first system to officially promote piracy
> . consoles: this was the last one valve started supporting
> but i knew sooner or later it had to come, so valve wants
> to help even more the unfair competition we now face from
> consoles by giving preference and making available only in
> consoles the only proper version of there games
>
> this is all very consistent to what valve has been doing for
> the last months... they are following a very well conceived
> plan to destroy pc games
> valve mission is the destruction of the pc game market like
> we now have, creating a new one for their sole advantage so
> they can have total domination and control and turn it into
> a monopolistic environment and become the absolute ruler
>
> valve is now involved in everything damaging for pc games
> everything! so we have to give them credit, they are really
> good in doing it
>
> i know valve will never change... its obvious... we all know
> the only solution is they leaving pc games, so yes my wish is
> valve leave pc games and become a console only developer...
> it would be the best thing to save pc games from such a big
> and destructive menace

ROFL I knew that news would set you off. BTW, you may want to get rid of the
needless cross posting. Google Groups is not shy to throw trolling idiots
like yourself off if they get complaints.

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Memnoch wrote:
> How about explaining it for the rest of us?

I can see that lately you have been posting from CSIPGA
Now if you'd like to advertise for this group what would be one of many
obvious things to do?
Furthermore it's obviously a nice thing to be able to see at a glance
from which group the message is originating from during massive
ridiculous crossposting
This to ensure that any "valid" response can go to the person in
question without annoying others and without the need to send personal
emails as email addresses found on the usenet is known to be of very
little use

XPOST: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
FUT: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

Please ignore the FUT set and post your message to a more appropriate
group if you feel the need to do so
Only use Xpost as a last resort

steamKILLER wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> valve is making a hl2 steam free version only for consoles
> is that a surprise?
> for those like myself which know very well what valve plans
> are, no it's not! its totally expected!
>
> since last year valve became a enemy of pc games
> since last year valve has been a dedicated destroyer of pc
> games, so this news is very consistent with what valve has
> been doing
>
> we in pc games face 3 big problems which are steam piracy
> and consoles, and valve is involved in supporting them all
> . steam: valve are the creators of this extremely damaging
> technology with the only purpose of turning pc gamers into
> weak submissive brainwashed and imprisoned consumers
> . piracy: like i've been telling all along, steam actively
> promotes piracy and forces pc gamers into piracy making it
> the first system to officially promote piracy
> . consoles: this was the last one valve started supporting
> but i knew sooner or later it had to come, so valve wants
> to help even more the unfair competition we now face from
> consoles by giving preference and making available only in
> consoles the only proper version of there games
>
> this is all very consistent to what valve has been doing for
> the last months... they are following a very well conceived
> plan to destroy pc games
> valve mission is the destruction of the pc game market like
> we now have, creating a new one for their sole advantage so
> they can have total domination and control and turn it into
> a monopolistic environment and become the absolute ruler
>
> valve is now involved in everything damaging for pc games
> everything! so we have to give them credit, they are really
> good in doing it
>
> i know valve will never change... its obvious... we all know
> the only solution is they leaving pc games, so yes my wish is
> valve leave pc games and become a console only developer...
> it would be the best thing to save pc games from such a big
> and destructive menace
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

right, sarcasm, good!! (please tell me you are not serious)

On 23 Apr 2005 05:05:57 -0700, "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote:

>> He says while crossposting.
>
>I could have posted to AGHL only, but then the message wouldn't have
>been send to csipga, csipgr or csipgs and the message would have less
>to none relevance
>Though I wonder what rpg or strategic has to do with Steam
>
>> I'm beginning to wonder what this AGHL
>> actually stands for.
>
>I understand why you can't figure that

How about explaining it for the rest of us?

>> LOL. What a chump.
>
>I guess we are in the same boat then

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

<snip>

Then why didn't Valve make HL2 a Xbox exclusive ?

-Mickmils

x-no-archive: yes

OldDog wrote:

> And oh, I went to buy a new pc game, but it was WinXP only!

only one game? and what game was it?

> ps save a tree, go Steam

and btw steam does very harm to the environment cause
it makes valve have large servers turned on 24 hours
a day wasting valuable energy and contributing to the
"green house" affect irreversibly changing the weather
in our beautiful planet!
if you want to be environmental friendly please say no
to steam cause it destroys it!

--

On 22 Apr 2005 23:17:09 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>valve is making a hl2 steam free version only for consoles
>is that a surprise?
>for those like myself which know very well what valve plans
>are, no it's not! its totally expected!

<snip>

And here some of us had thought you had died or something. You go
off for 3 weeks and don't tell anyone where you're going. You don't
answer your emails, your phone, the doorbell....

Its still hot here in Texas. And oh, I went to buy a new pc game, but
it was WinXP only!

AGGGGGGGGHHHHH!

ps save a tree, go Steam

terry

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> valve is making a hl2 steam free version only for consoles
> is that a surprise?
> for those like myself which know very well what valve plans
> are, no it's not! its totally expected!
>
> since last year valve became a enemy of pc games
> since last year valve has been a dedicated destroyer of pc
> games, so this news is very consistent with what valve has
> been doing
>
> we in pc games face 3 big problems which are steam piracy
> and consoles, and valve is involved in supporting them all
> . steam: valve are the creators of this extremely damaging
> technology with the only purpose of turning pc gamers into
> weak submissive brainwashed and imprisoned consumers
> . piracy: like i've been telling all along, steam actively
> promotes piracy and forces pc gamers into piracy making it
> the first system to officially promote piracy
> . consoles: this was the last one valve started supporting
> but i knew sooner or later it had to come, so valve wants
> to help even more the unfair competition we now face from
> consoles by giving preference and making available only in
> consoles the only proper version of there games
>
> this is all very consistent to what valve has been doing for
> the last months... they are following a very well conceived
> plan to destroy pc games
> valve mission is the destruction of the pc game market like
> we now have, creating a new one for their sole advantage so
> they can have total domination and control and turn it into
> a monopolistic environment and become the absolute ruler
>
> valve is now involved in everything damaging for pc games
> everything! so we have to give them credit, they are really
> good in doing it
>
> i know valve will never change... its obvious... we all know
> the only solution is they leaving pc games, so yes my wish is
> valve leave pc games and become a console only developer...
> it would be the best thing to save pc games from such a big
> and destructive menace
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

I do not have an axe to grind but I will never buy another Valve game.
Copy protectection has gone too far this time.

How do I play the game without an internet connection ?
How do I play the game when their website is temporarily down ?
How do I give/sell this game when I have finished it ?
What happens when Valve stop supporting this game ?
How do I play this game on my laptop? out on the road.

There was no information on any of this on the box.
There was a pound a minute telephone number for installation problems.

It also downloaded a 150meg update without my knowledge.
I have a capped broadband connection and like to decide downloads myself.

When I realised what was happening I uninstalled and threw it in the bin.

NEVER AGAIN.

Regards

Terry

PS not too sure what this has to do with a rpg group.

On 23 Apr 2005 08:36:10 -0700, "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote:

>Memnoch wrote:
>> How about explaining it for the rest of us?
>>
>I can see that lately you have been posting from CSIPGA

So in other words a non answer. Fair enough, don't bother replying.

Terry wrote:
> [...]
> > i said "NO" to valve and steam
> >

> I do not have an axe to grind but I will never buy another Valve
game.
> Copy protectection has gone too far this time.
>
> How do I play the game without an internet connection ?
> How do I play the game when their website is temporarily down ?
> How do I give/sell this game when I have finished it ?
> What happens when Valve stop supporting this game ?
> How do I play this game on my laptop? out on the road.
>
> There was no information on any of this on the box.
> There was a pound a minute telephone number for installation
problems.

> It also downloaded a 150meg update without my knowledge.
> I have a capped broadband connection and like to decide downloads
myself.

> When I realised what was happening I uninstalled and threw it in the

The funniest bit, of course, is that the copy protection was broken
basically _instantly_. Steam? Emulated. Updates? Cracked.

I hear there's now actually a crack that allows pirates to play the
game on legit servers, just like everyone else. And when they want to
play offline, they can do that too. No Internet connection required.
(This is not 100% certain, I don't really keep up with the scene. But
it sounds about right.)

Laszlo

Peter [AGHL] wrote:
> Memnoch wrote:
>
>>How about explaining it for the rest of us?
>>

> I can see that lately you have been posting from CSIPGA
> Now if you'd like to advertise for this group what would be one of many
> obvious things to do?
> Furthermore it's obviously a nice thing to be able to see at a glance
> from which group the message is originating from during massive
> ridiculous crossposting

then dont crosspost : as you suggested. And since its only you & your
cronies, its a bit of a waste of time having the somewhat pompous AGHL
as part of your moniker.

steamKILLER wrote:
> we in pc games face 3 big problems which are steam piracy
> and consoles, and valve is involved in supporting them all

> . steam: valve are the creators of this extremely damaging
> technology with the only purpose of turning pc gamers into
> weak submissive brainwashed and imprisoned consumers
It does this how? Personally I make my own decisions about when to play
HL2 and whether to play it on-or offline. Recently I haven't been
playing it at all. It's just a game.

> . piracy: like i've been telling all along, steam actively
> promotes piracy and forces pc gamers into piracy making it
> the first system to officially promote piracy

Valve is not supporting piracy. One of the stated aims of Steam is to
make piracy harder. Instead of just copying the disc, the pirates have
had to develop alternatives to Steam. I guess Valve knew this would
happen sooner or later, but they did at least try to put up a barrier.
In any case, Valve do not force you to pirate the game. If you can't
afford it, or you don't like Steam, then don't buy the game. No one is
forcing you to steal it. Would you steal a car just because you can't
afford to buy it and you don't like the credit offers available?

> . consoles: this was the last one valve started supporting
> but i knew sooner or later it had to come, so valve wants
> to help even more the unfair competition we now face from
> consoles by giving preference and making available only in
> consoles the only proper version of there games

Valve have released all their games on to the PC first. The console
game most likely won't be the "proper version" because of the
limitations of consoles. They have developed for PC and then converted
to console, not the other way round - exactly as you demand it should
be. Hopefully, consolist scum will play the game and think "wow, PC
owners get some great games - let's buy a PC".

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

> There is no mention of all the negatives on the box.

What negatives?

XPOST
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action, comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic, alt.games.half-life

FUT: alt.games.half-life

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Terry wrote:

> There is no mention of all the negatives on the box.
> I uninstalled it and threw it in the bin when I realised
> what was going on.
>
> Having wasted my 35 pounds - I fully intend to crack
> this game and publish the crack on the web.
>
> As a retired software engineer I have the skills, time and
> inclination to do this.
>
> I feel ripped off.

God help us if a sum greater than £35 is involved. What will you do if
buy a car you don't like? Or a house?

Chadwick wrote:

> God help us if a sum greater than £35 is involved.
> What will you do if buy a car you don't like?
> Or a house?

Probably smoke some crack and put the car/house in the dustbin?

Terry wrote:
> The majority of people are very anti this type of
> copy protection.

And pirating the game will not encourage games companies to drop their
copy protection schemes.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

> This game probably breaks the uk consumer laws
> in that is unsuitable for the purpose it was sold for.

Which one?
The game suits me just fine

> There is no mention on the box of these copy
> protection problems.

Did Valve anounce that the Steam thing is for copy protection?
Actually Steam is a content delivery platform not a copy protection
scheme

Yes Steam has full control (almost) over the part of the disk where the
system is installed, big deal
And I dare say, never have it been easier to maintain a software
installation

And the full control thing?
Come on - every mmorg out there does the same thing and have for ages

terry

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> steamKILLER wrote:
>> we in pc games face 3 big problems which are steam piracy
>> and consoles, and valve is involved in supporting them all
>
>> . steam: valve are the creators of this extremely damaging
>> technology with the only purpose of turning pc gamers into
>> weak submissive brainwashed and imprisoned consumers
> It does this how? Personally I make my own decisions about when to play
> HL2 and whether to play it on-or offline. Recently I haven't been
> playing it at all. It's just a game.
>

>> . piracy: like i've been telling all along, steam actively
>> promotes piracy and forces pc gamers into piracy making it
>> the first system to officially promote piracy
>
> Valve is not supporting piracy. One of the stated aims of Steam is to
> make piracy harder. Instead of just copying the disc, the pirates have
> had to develop alternatives to Steam. I guess Valve knew this would
> happen sooner or later, but they did at least try to put up a barrier.
> In any case, Valve do not force you to pirate the game. If you can't
> afford it, or you don't like Steam, then don't buy the game. No one is
> forcing you to steal it. Would you steal a car just because you can't
> afford to buy it and you don't like the credit offers available?
>

>> . consoles: this was the last one valve started supporting
>> but i knew sooner or later it had to come, so valve wants
>> to help even more the unfair competition we now face from
>> consoles by giving preference and making available only in
>> consoles the only proper version of there games
>
> Valve have released all their games on to the PC first. The console
> game most likely won't be the "proper version" because of the
> limitations of consoles. They have developed for PC and then converted
> to console, not the other way round - exactly as you demand it should
> be. Hopefully, consolist scum will play the game and think "wow, PC
> owners get some great games - let's buy a PC".

There is no mention of all the negatives on the box.
I uninstalled it and threw it in the bin when I realised
what was going on.

Having wasted my 35 pounds - I fully intend to crack
this game and publish the crack on the web.

As a retired software engineer I have the skills, time and
inclination to do this.

I feel ripped off.

Regards

General

"Terry" <terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> There is no mention of all the negatives on the box.
> I uninstalled it and threw it in the bin when I realised
> what was going on.
>
> Having wasted my 35 pounds - I fully intend to crack
> this game and publish the crack on the web.
>
> As a retired software engineer I have the skills, time and
> inclination to do this.
>
> I feel ripped off.
>
> Regards

Go ahead and waste your time cracking the game. Someone already beat you to
it, but you feel free with all your leet skills to crack it. Every second
you are cracking an already cracked game is one less second you will be
posting your moronic posts on here.

BTW, what negatives are you referring to.

terry

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> There is no mention of all the negatives on the box.
>
> What negatives?

See my previous comments in this thread.
I will repeat.

[...]

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:03:12 +0100, "Terry"
<terry@tbean.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> steamKILLER wrote:
>>> we in pc games face 3 big problems which are steam piracy
>>> and consoles, and valve is involved in supporting them all
>>
>>> . steam: valve are the creators of this extremely damaging
>>> technology with the only purpose of turning pc gamers into
>>> weak submissive brainwashed and imprisoned consumers
>> It does this how? Personally I make my own decisions about when to play
>> HL2 and whether to play it on-or offline. Recently I haven't been
>> playing it at all. It's just a game.
>>

>>> . piracy: like i've been telling all along, steam actively
>>> promotes piracy and forces pc gamers into piracy making it
>>> the first system to officially promote piracy
>>
>> Valve is not supporting piracy. One of the stated aims of Steam is to
>> make piracy harder. Instead of just copying the disc, the pirates have
>> had to develop alternatives to Steam. I guess Valve knew this would
>> happen sooner or later, but they did at least try to put up a barrier.
>> In any case, Valve do not force you to pirate the game. If you can't
>> afford it, or you don't like Steam, then don't buy the game. No one is
>> forcing you to steal it. Would you steal a car just because you can't
>> afford to buy it and you don't like the credit offers available?
>>

>>> . consoles: this was the last one valve started supporting
>>> but i knew sooner or later it had to come, so valve wants
>>> to help even more the unfair competition we now face from
>>> consoles by giving preference and making available only in
>>> consoles the only proper version of there games
>>
>> Valve have released all their games on to the PC first. The console
>> game most likely won't be the "proper version" because of the
>> limitations of consoles. They have developed for PC and then converted
>> to console, not the other way round - exactly as you demand it should
>> be. Hopefully, consolist scum will play the game and think "wow, PC
>> owners get some great games - let's buy a PC".
>>

>There is no mention of all the negatives on the box.
>I uninstalled it and threw it in the bin when I realised
>what was going on.
>
>Having wasted my 35 pounds - I fully intend to crack
>this game and publish the crack on the web.
>
>As a retired software engineer I have the skills, time and
>inclination to do this.
>
>I feel ripped off.
>
>Regards

If a game company worried about trying to satisfy each and every
customer out there, they'd go out of business. Can't please all of
the people all of the time....

Id didn't make Doom3 compatible for Win9X. I feel negelected. And
since I'm retired and bored and have the time... I'm going to do my
best to rip them off.

regards