my windows will not play any video files!!! not even in re..

My windows xp will not play any video files or online web videos in browsers. it plays with sound but no picture, jus a black screen! every application which plays videos does the same thing.does anyone know what the problem is?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can we safely assume you have installed RealPlayer, or QuickTime, or Windows
Media Player?

Do they all give black screens?