Network and "Spooler SubSystem App" error

My wiereless network was working fine until I went broadband. I had to reset
it after the installation; now I have fast internet connection on my desk top
and Laptop (wierreless network) but I can set up my network. When I run the
network wizzard I get the following message: "Spooler SubSystem App has
encountered a problem and needs to close."

I need help bad.

Thanks

Mike

Splendid

what operating system?
what cable co. & CM etc?
checked firewall settings?
removed all ISP software?
run windows update?
more info.......

mike
"Laurent" <Laurent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My wiereless network was working fine until I went broadband. I had to
reset
> it after the installation; now I have fast internet connection on my desk
top
> and Laptop (wierreless network) but I can set up my network. When I run
the
> network wizzard I get the following message: "Spooler SubSystem App has
> encountered a problem and needs to close."
>
> I need help bad.
>
> Thanks

---

-OS: Win XP
-Cable Comcast
-Firewall enable
-I run windows update
-Reinstall window

Nothing changed.
Any ideas?

"mike" wrote:

> what operating system?
> what cable co. & CM etc?
> checked firewall settings?
> removed all ISP software?
> run windows update?
> more info.......
>
> mike
> "Laurent" <Laurent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My wiereless network was working fine until I went broadband. I had to
> reset
> > it after the installation; now I have fast internet connection on my desk
> top
> > and Laptop (wierreless network) but I can set up my network. When I run
> the
> > network wizzard I get the following message: "Spooler SubSystem App has
> > encountered a problem and needs to close."
> >
> > I need help bad.
> >
> > Thanks
>

> ---

pierre

I have the same problem. Have you found the source of the problem? I did a
search on the Internet that seemed to indicate that it could be linked to a
virus.

Pierre

"Laurent" wrote:

> -OS: Win XP
> -Cable Comcast
> -Firewall enable
> -I run windows update
> -Reinstall window
>
> Nothing changed.
> Any ideas?
>

> "mike" wrote:
>
> > what operating system?
> > what cable co. & CM etc?
> > checked firewall settings?
> > removed all ISP software?
> > run windows update?
> > more info.......
> >
> > mike
> > "Laurent" <Laurent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > My wiereless network was working fine until I went broadband. I had to
> > reset
> > > it after the installation; now I have fast internet connection on my desk
> > top
> > > and Laptop (wierreless network) but I can set up my network. When I run
> > the
> > > network wizzard I get the following message: "Spooler SubSystem App has
> > > encountered a problem and needs to close."
> > >
> > > I need help bad.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >

> > ---

Tee

"Pierre" <Pierre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the same problem. Have you found the source of the problem? I did a
> search on the Internet that seemed to indicate that it could be linked to
> virus.
>
> Pierre
>
> "Laurent" wrote:
>
> > -OS: Win XP
> > -Cable Comcast
> > -Firewall enable
> > -I run windows update
> > -Reinstall window
> >
> > Nothing changed.
> > Any ideas?

Same thing here and it drove me nuts. I uninstalled printer drivers, turned
off the firewall, and it'd still hang then give me an error message. One
thing I have noted on my XP Pro machine is that if firewall is enabled when
I try to set up a new connection everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

IIRC it was an issue with needing more client/services to be installed or
turned on. Here's what I have under "connection uses the following items)
in the properties window, general tab, of my network connection (settings
are the same for my LAN and my wireless):

Client for Microsoft Networks
Service Advertising Protocol
File & Printer Sharing for MS Networks
QoS Packet Scheduler
Microsoft IPv6 Developer Edition
NWLink BIOS
NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS
3Com BCAITDI DMI TDI
Internet Protocol

Basically I "installed" (click install button under window) every client,
service & protocol that Windows had available and it seemed to fix the
problem. I don't know what some of those things do because I just needed to
get my home network up & running. I really ought to look into a couple of
them but this was the solution for me.
--
Tara