Closed

Good Duplicate file finder..

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
January 20, 2005 6:29:34 PM

What is a good one that can search multiple Drives and use CRC or Binary
compare so its 100% OK..

Fast if possible.

Does not have to be freeware..

Thanks
Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 20, 2005 6:29:35 PM

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:29:34 +1300, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

>What is a good one that can search multiple Drives and use CRC or Binary
>compare so its 100% OK..
>

>Fast if possible.
>
>Does not have to be freeware..
>
>Thanks

Write a simple UNIX/LINUX shell script that uses find, diff (compares
files), and sum (performs a checksum).
January 20, 2005 6:29:35 PM

FileSync
http://www.fileware.com/download.htm

<puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message

> What is a good one that can search multiple Drives and use CRC or Binary
> compare so its 100% OK..
>

> Fast if possible.
>
> Does not have to be freeware..
>
> Thanks

a b G Storage
January 21, 2005 12:39:53 AM

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:56:03 -0600, David A.Lethe <davidATsantools.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:29:34 +1300, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
>

>>What is a good one that can search multiple Drives and use CRC or Binary
>>compare so its 100% OK..
>>

>>Fast if possible.
>>
>>Does not have to be freeware..
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>Write a simple UNIX/LINUX shell script that uses find, diff (compares
>files), and sum (performs a checksum).

I am not into Lunatic stuff, as a prefer my Sanity.

So you can shove you Lunix stuff ware ever you like.

What a utterly dumb reply..
January 21, 2005 8:51:37 AM

NoClone

<puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message

> What is a good one that can search multiple Drives and use CRC or Binary
> compare so its 100% OK..
>

> Fast if possible.
>
> Does not have to be freeware..
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 21, 2005 5:50:04 PM

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:44:29 -0500, "Peter" <peterfoxghost@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>FileSync
>http://www.fileware.com/download.htm

I have used it, its not a Duplicate utile at all.

><puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message
>>

>> What is a good one that can search multiple Drives and use CRC or Binary
>> compare so its 100% OK..
>>

>> Fast if possible.
>>
>> Does not have to be freeware..
>>
>> Thanks

January 21, 2005 5:50:05 PM

look for total commander

http://www.ghisler.com/

it has some serious compare tools in it - needs a bit of investigation to
find though

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:44:29 -0500, "Peter" <peterfoxghost@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

> >FileSync
> >http://www.fileware.com/download.htm
>

> I have used it, its not a Duplicate utile at all.
>

> ><puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> What is a good one that can search multiple Drives and use CRC or
Binary
> >> compare so its 100% OK..
> >>

> >> Fast if possible.
> >>
> >> Does not have to be freeware..
> >>
> >> Thanks

Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 24, 2005 3:03:17 AM

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:39:53 +1300, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:56:03 -0600, David A.Lethe <davidATsantools.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:29:34 +1300, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
>>

>>>What is a good one that can search multiple Drives and use CRC or Binary
>>>compare so its 100% OK..
>>>

>>>Fast if possible.
>>>
>>>Does not have to be freeware..
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>Write a simple UNIX/LINUX shell script that uses find, diff (compares
>>files), and sum (performs a checksum).
>

>I am not into Lunatic stuff, as a prefer my Sanity.
>

>So you can shove you Lunix stuff ware ever you like.
>
>What a utterly dumb reply..

You ASSumed that somebody responding could read your mind and know
what O/S you preferred. Maybe if you were smart enough to post the
same question on an apropriate O/S-specific newsgroup then you would
have a reasonable expectation of getting a response that lists
software that runs under your desired O/S.

It is not my problem or concern that you feel you might lose your
sanity if you were to use UNIX or LINUX. Personally, if I felt that
certain operating systems were "lunatic stuff" as you wrote, I would
consider getting some therapy.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 24, 2005 1:35:34 PM

Yes, NoClone fits your needs, it finds and deletes duplicate files by
true byte-by-byte comparison. It is fast. Smart marker helps your to
select files for deletion. Recommended by ZDNet.
http://noclone.net

v wrote:
> NoClone
>
> <puss@purrpurr.com> wrote in message
> >

> > What is a good one that can search multiple Drives and use CRC or
Binary
> > compare so its 100% OK..
> >

> > Fast if possible.
> >
> > Does not have to be freeware..
> >
> > Thanks

Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 24, 2005 1:49:55 PM

David A.Lethe <davidATsantools.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:39:53 +1300, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:56:03 -0600, David A.Lethe <davidATsantools.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Write a simple UNIX/LINUX shell script that uses find, diff (compares
>>>files), and sum (performs a checksum).
>>

>>I am not into Lunatic stuff, as a prefer my Sanity.
>>

>>So you can shove you Lunix stuff ware ever you like.
>>
>>What a utterly dumb reply..
>>

> You ASSumed that somebody responding could read your mind and know
> what O/S you preferred. Maybe if you were smart enough to post the
> same question on an apropriate O/S-specific newsgroup then you would
> have a reasonable expectation of getting a response that lists
> software that runs under your desired O/S.
>
> It is not my problem or concern that you feel you might lose your
> sanity if you were to use UNIX or LINUX. Personally, if I felt that
> certain operating systems were "lunatic stuff" as you wrote, I would
> consider getting some therapy.

It is a reasonable assumption that someone who is posting using Forte Free
Agent is running some flavor of Windows. Funny that an expert like you
wouldn't think to check someone's headers before going off on a Unix
tangent. And it's stuff like that that make people so annoyed with the
Unix community that it will be a cold day in Hell before they try it. And
before you suggest that I'm a Microsoft bigot, you might check what I'm
using.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

"David A.Lethe" <davidATsantools.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:39:53 +1300, puss@purrpurr.com wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:56:03 -0600, David A.Lethe <davidATsantools.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Write a simple UNIX/LINUX shell script that uses find, diff (compares
>>>files), and sum (performs a checksum).
>>

>>I am not into Lunatic stuff, as a prefer my Sanity.
>>

>>So you can shove you Lunix stuff ware ever you like.
>>
>>What a utterly dumb reply..
>>

> You ASSumed that somebody responding could read your mind and know
> what O/S you preferred. Maybe if you were smart enough to post the
> same question on an apropriate O/S-specific newsgroup then you would
> have a reasonable expectation of getting a response that lists
> software that runs under your desired O/S.

Why do you appear to take it for granted that anyone asking advice here has
learnt how to
"Write a simple UNIX/LINUX shell script that uses find, diff (compare
files), and sum (performs a checksum)." I certainly don't have a clue and
guess that most wouldn't. It seems to me that you are the ass.

If it is so easy and you are not a troll, then why not just write it and
post it here with simple instructions.
February 15, 2008 9:26:37 AM

I am using Duplicate Finder to solve this problem…

Duplicate Finder is very fast in searching duplicate files with good interface. it does CRC32, byte/byte and Same FileName comparisons and allows you to batch mark and batch delete or move the dupes.

Main view shows all file details so you can combine that with a quick review to be sure you’re not moving or deleting anything you don’t want to. It also have popup resizable picture viewer to view picture files.

I really like Duplicate Finder. An especially nice touch was when it told me that I was deleting all copies of a file. I tried a few other duplicate file finders and hated them.

Download the trial version from http://www.ashisoft.com and see yourself

February 15, 2008 12:35:59 PM

This is a 3 year old archived thread. Doubt that the OP is still following this.
September 23, 2009 7:43:09 PM

I had a problem with the duplicates, too. I was recommended Clone Remover to solve this problem. I used it delete duplicate files duplicate music finder. And now I have only necessary files without duplicates of them.
October 7, 2009 6:41:13 PM

I tried several utilities of this kind, both free and shareware and finally found one that works the best for me. This duplicate file finder - DupeTrasher not only that it finds duplicate files but also duplicate folders. It can also search inside archives. Other nice features are ability to filter and sort results in several ways so that you can easily decide which to mark for removal.

I got it with at a reduced price since they offer discount to the users who already own some other similar software as I did. Give it a try www.dupetrasher.com
October 25, 2009 3:42:02 PM

Alternative programs that are able to find not only full duplicates but the similar files as well. Here are the links:
Audio Comparer - duplicate MP3 finder - this tool is really listen to the music files and can identify even those ones with different bitrate or stored in different formats.
Image Comparer - duplicate photo finder - same thing but for images. Can locate resized and rotated duplicates. Works fast enough even with RAW files.
November 11, 2009 5:40:32 AM

firemist said:
This is a 3 year old archived thread. Doubt that the OP is still following this.

perhaps not. but i found my way here via good ol' google that, as responsible citizens, we must all diligently check first before asking any dumb questions, or, gawd help us, starting a new thread. :ouch:

and some of these dupe detectors are still around and look good!
November 28, 2009 1:06:21 PM

From my own experience I recommend Clone Remover. It is useful utility for searching duplicate files and folders. Searching for duplicate files belonging to a certain group: archives, office documents, images, video and music, Internet. It is ideal for Windows and Vista and has open source. You can test it and make decision about future use.

duplicate finder
December 11, 2009 11:54:27 AM

Use Advanced Duplicate Finder. The application compares the content of your files so it will find duplicates even if they are using different file names.
July 16, 2010 11:56:06 AM

hellos

Actually its sometimes difficult to know which software is using CRC or md5 comparison let me suggest you one tool that uses CRC32 for file comparison.You can add multiple drives to search files for & its 100% safe :D  .Its the best duplicate files remover as I think.Its from advanced system optimizer.download it directly from http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-System-Optimizer/3000... or else search it if not found here.

I think it will match your expectation!!

Lemme know how it works for you.

:pt1cable:

September 3, 2010 8:18:13 PM

Has anyone tried easyduplicatefinder www.easyduplicatefinder.com this thing puts the others to shame. not only does it have crc32 and bit-bit compare, it also supports music meta tag comparison.
You can specify individual folders or entire drives anywhere connected to your system. :bounce:
November 28, 2010 12:43:04 PM

I had the same issue,and for me deleting duplicate files is very important to optimize pc,i used a small utility available at www.dublicatefilesdeleter.com which searched and deleted all such duplicate files for me
a b G Storage
December 18, 2010 5:15:58 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish
!