Acom 120 mb external hard drive ... where are 9 mb?

I bought an Acom 120 mb external hard drive on Ebay for $75. Plugged it
in and the drive required formating ... which I am doing now. I went to
the acomdata.com website and downloaded the owners manual. I had clear
instructions for formatting. When I right click on properties of the
drive Windows XP tells me my 120 mb hard drive has only 111 mb. What
happened to the other 9 mbs?

The drive is noisy so I won't be leaving it on unless necessary. The
price is right ... the best price I could find per MB.

Any comments?
2 answers Last reply
More about acom external hard drive

    Post premature...after formatting the drive it showed 199 mbs ... all
    is good.

    <drscottlv@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I bought an Acom 120 mb external hard drive on Ebay for $75. Plugged it
    > in and the drive required formating ... which I am doing now. I went to
    > the acomdata.com website and downloaded the owners manual. I had clear
    > instructions for formatting. When I right click on properties of the
    > drive Windows XP tells me my 120 mb hard drive has only 111 mb. What
    > happened to the other 9 mbs?
    >
    > The drive is noisy so I won't be leaving it on unless necessary. The
    > price is right ... the best price I could find per MB.
    >
    > Any comments?

    Acom doesn't sell any external hard drives with 120 milli-bit capacity.
    Perhaps you meant GB, Gigabyte.
    Acom uses off-brand hard drives, expect yours to fail within 6 months.

External Hard Drive Storage