Acom 120 mb external hard drive ... where are 9 mb?

I bought an Acom 120 mb external hard drive on Ebay for $75. Plugged it
in and the drive required formating ... which I am doing now. I went to
the acomdata.com website and downloaded the owners manual. I had clear
instructions for formatting. When I right click on properties of the
drive Windows XP tells me my 120 mb hard drive has only 111 mb. What
happened to the other 9 mbs?

The drive is noisy so I won't be leaving it on unless necessary. The
price is right ... the best price I could find per MB.

Any comments?

Post premature...after formatting the drive it showed 199 mbs ... all
is good.

<drscottlv@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I bought an Acom 120 mb external hard drive on Ebay for $75. Plugged it
> in and the drive required formating ... which I am doing now. I went to
> the acomdata.com website and downloaded the owners manual. I had clear
> instructions for formatting. When I right click on properties of the
> drive Windows XP tells me my 120 mb hard drive has only 111 mb. What
> happened to the other 9 mbs?
>
> The drive is noisy so I won't be leaving it on unless necessary. The
> price is right ... the best price I could find per MB.
>
> Any comments?

Acom doesn't sell any external hard drives with 120 milli-bit capacity.
Perhaps you meant GB, Gigabyte.
Acom uses off-brand hard drives, expect yours to fail within 6 months.