display wont send to TV

Hello. This is a relatively simple subject made very complicated because of what is wrong with my computer. I simply want to send my computer display to my television through my S-video but for some reason I cannot. When I press "Fn+F5" nothing happens and when I use the remote that came with my computer nothing happens when I press the correct button either. What could cause this problem ?and more importantly how can I fix it?

thank you,
David
dooda25@hotmail.com

having same problem but dont know what to do hooked up svideo changed the settings and nothing comes up i dunno

jason

"griffix9999" <griffix9999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. This is a relatively simple subject made very complicated because
of what is wrong with my computer. I simply want to send my computer
display to my television through my S-video but for some reason I cannot.
When I press "Fn+F5" nothing happens and when I use the remote that came
with my computer nothing happens when I press the correct button either.
What could cause this problem ?and more importantly how can I fix it?

> thank you,
> David
> dooda25@hotmail.com

Make sure you've set your graphics card options to display an image on
your TV as well as your monitor. If you're able to see your desktop on
the TV but video won't display, try reducing hardware acceleration in your
video card options. All of these settings should be accessible by
right-clicking an empty area of your desktop, then Properties, then the
Settings tab, then click on Advanced.

Hope that helps,
Ian.