no signal to monitor

mark

Monitor used to work with Medion hard drive, using Windows
XP Home. Moved downstairs; worked for a time, then
stopped. Now on power up, the monitor light turns green
for a few seconds, then clicks to yellow. No picture or
message, except a fleeting (less than 1/2 second) message
that no signal received. When I checked the monitor by
plugging it in to my laptop, it displays what's on my LCD
screen fine.

When I plugged in my laptop - before hitting the key which
toggles between displaying the external CRT, the laptop
LCD, or both - the monitor made the same noises (green
then yellow light, with accompanying clicks) as when only
the CRT is plugged in to the Medion desktop. Pressing
function-F8 toggled to display my laptop on the CRT. Is
there a keyboard command which is telling the monitor not
to display? Tried holding down F* at startup, to no avail.
My Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop doesn't have a video in port
(so far as I know), so I can't see if the desktop would
display on my LCD screen.

What would be the symptoms if the room was too humid/damp?

Mark

gerry

Since you have been able to get the monitor to work with
your laptop, I would try reseating your video card in your
computer. If that doesn't work, try borrowing a video
card from a friend or use a spare if you have one.
Sounds like a video card problem.

mark

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll be sure to try it with
our friendly family guru.