SATA PSU connector. Can I adapt it to IDE 4 pin molex

Tags:
  • SATA
  • Power
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
Share
January 22, 2005 1:48:36 AM

Hi

I have a new PSU that has a separate line with 2 SATA power connectors on
it.

My hard drive is new but not SATA.

Is there an adapter available so I can run my 160GB IDE drive
from the PSU's SATA power connector?

Usually people have the opposite problem I know.

Thanks

Darren

More about : sata psu connector adapt ide pin molex

Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 22, 2005 1:48:37 AM

Previously Darren <no@replypls.com> wrote:
> Hi

> I have a new PSU that has a separate line with 2 SATA power connectors on
> it.

> My hard drive is new but not SATA.

> Is there an adapter available so I can run my 160GB IDE drive
> from the PSU's SATA power connector?

> Usually people have the opposite problem I know.

Probably not enough market potential for anybody to manufacture these.
Tecfhnically it would work.

Better just get a Y-cable and split another connector with it.

Arno