SATA PSU connector. Can I adapt it to IDE 4 pin molex

Hi

I have a new PSU that has a separate line with 2 SATA power connectors on
it.

My hard drive is new but not SATA.

Is there an adapter available so I can run my 160GB IDE drive
from the PSU's SATA power connector?

Usually people have the opposite problem I know.

Thanks

Darren
1 answer Last reply
More about sata connector adapt molex

    Previously Darren <no@replypls.com> wrote:
    > Hi

    > I have a new PSU that has a separate line with 2 SATA power connectors on
    > it.

    > My hard drive is new but not SATA.

    > Is there an adapter available so I can run my 160GB IDE drive
    > from the PSU's SATA power connector?

    > Usually people have the opposite problem I know.

    Probably not enough market potential for anybody to manufacture these.
    Tecfhnically it would work.

    Better just get a Y-cable and split another connector with it.

    Arno

SATA Power Storage