Linksys Backup server?

Any experience with this Linksys Backup Server? Its Linux based. Ive read
a lot of problems its having. I was wondering if they had fixed it so its
up to snuff, doesnt lock up and stuff by being able to download software
patches? Any tips appreciated.

http://www.linksys.com/products/group.asp?grid=35&scid=43
1 answer Last reply
More about linksys backup server

    jtsnow wrote:

    > Any experience with this Linksys Backup Server? Its Linux based. Ive
    > read
    > a lot of problems its having. I was wondering if they had fixed it so its
    > up to snuff, doesnt lock up and stuff by being able to download software
    > patches? Any tips appreciated.
    >
    > http://www.linksys.com/products/group.asp?grid=35&scid=43

    One very simple tip--don't waste your money. For that price you can pick up
    an old purpose-built IBM or Compaq or Dell server off of ebay and stick a
    couple of 250 gig drives in it and have something reliable.

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Linksys Backup Servers Storage