Linksys Backup server?

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
January 21, 2005 8:19:30 PM

Any experience with this Linksys Backup Server? Its Linux based. Ive read
a lot of problems its having. I was wondering if they had fixed it so its
up to snuff, doesnt lock up and stuff by being able to download software
patches? Any tips appreciated.

http://www.linksys.com/products/group.asp?grid=35&scid=...

More about : linksys backup server

Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 22, 2005 2:21:46 AM

jtsnow wrote:

> Any experience with this Linksys Backup Server? Its Linux based. Ive
> read
> a lot of problems its having. I was wondering if they had fixed it so its
> up to snuff, doesnt lock up and stuff by being able to download software
> patches? Any tips appreciated.
>
> http://www.linksys.com/products/group.asp?grid=35&scid=...

One very simple tip--don't waste your money. For that price you can pick up
an old purpose-built IBM or Compaq or Dell server off of ebay and stick a
couple of 250 gig drives in it and have something reliable.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)