no audio after installing hard drive

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I just placed a 250G hard drive in my Dell. While
installing, a message came up and said that any HD over
237G needed to make an adjustment to the registry. I said
okay and the drive works excellent. The problem is that I
have no audio any longer. Not from a CD, AVI, nothing!

I assume this has to have something to to do with the
registry, but I know this is an area of limits for
novices like me.

Can anyone help???

Rick

Hello

Well sounds like you need to install the correct drivers
for your soundcard, just go to Dell's website and look for
your drivers for your pc.

Al

Rick wrote:

> I just placed a 250G hard drive in my Dell. While
> installing, a message came up and said that any HD over
> 237G needed to make an adjustment to the registry. I said
> okay and the drive works excellent. The problem is that I
> have no audio any longer. Not from a CD, AVI, nothing!
>
> I assume this has to have something to to do with the
> registry, but I know this is an area of limits for
> novices like me.
>
> Can anyone help???
>
> Rick

Are you suggesting that installing the new HD removed the
drivers? Remember, everyhting has been workign fine for
the past year and a half prior to this installation.

Rick

Hello

Well some where along the process some files could have gotten
corrupted. It does happen but from what your saying you have no
sounds, so just re-install ytour soundcard drivers.

Al