Original HL loading problem

After finishing HL2 I decided to reinstall the original HL through my
Steam account. I was able to register it OK. I waited for Steam to
update the files which took a while on my dialup. I launched the game
and it seemed to go well but I cannot get past the second loading in the
introduction sequence of the game. The computer hangs when the loading
dailog begins and it happens in the same place every single time. There
is NO sound stuttering. I tried both OpenGL and D3D modes and tried the
game with the CD in the drive and without.

Computer is an AMD 64 3500+, A8N-SLI, Leadtek 6600GT PCIe with 71.89
drivers. Naturally HL2 plays just fine with this rig.

Ron

Ron Joiner wrote:
> After finishing HL2 I decided to reinstall the original HL through my
> Steam account. I was able to register it OK. I waited for Steam to
> update the files which took a while on my dialup. I launched the game
> and it seemed to go well but I cannot get past the second loading in the
> introduction sequence of the game. The computer hangs when the loading
> dailog begins and it happens in the same place every single time. There
> is NO sound stuttering. I tried both OpenGL and D3D modes and tried the
> game with the CD in the drive and without.
>
> Computer is an AMD 64 3500+, A8N-SLI, Leadtek 6600GT PCIe with 71.89
> drivers. Naturally HL2 plays just fine with this rig.
>
> Ron
Fixed it. Sound card drivers have been updated and it works fine.

--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right

Lennon & McCartney