extended desktop view

I'm trying to set up my home office with dual
view/extended desk top (not clone desktop..) and I know
my GeForce 3 alone doesn't support 2 monitors, so I'm
looking at getting a second video card/monitor. My
question is does the second video card need to have any
special features or anything (in order for it to be set
up with the main video card for the extended desktop)?

I tried asking tech support at dell, after 6 emails they
couldn't give me a "yes/no" answer, just got the run
around and links to websites that'd state "sorry, we
don't do tech support, please contact dell"....

Frustrated....

I guess not...

Your mobo would need to accept a pci graphics and have bios which allows
it's use. It owuld have to be set up as secondary to the agp card.
It would be easier to buy a cheap agp card like the fx5200 which supports
twin monitors.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP