How to NOT show videos full screen on second display?

I'm running XP with two monitors (one laptop LCD, one external). Whenever I
view a video in Windows Media Player or Real Player, it pops up full screen
on the other display (i.e. other from where the application window is
running).

Is there anyway to stop this behaviour?

Thanks,
Sean
3 answers Last reply
More about show videos full screen display

    Normally there is. My computeer at work uses the second display as an
    extended screen, not a duplicate of the first screen. There may be options
    in the video card(display) setup that allow the options you want. Again,
    different mfrs and video cards setup differently for this sort of thing.

    "news.microsoft.com" <seanweb@perdew.org> wrote in message
    > I'm running XP with two monitors (one laptop LCD, one external). Whenever
    > view a video in Windows Media Player or Real Player, it pops up full
    > screen
    > on the other display (i.e. other from where the application window is
    > running).
    >
    > Is there anyway to stop this behaviour?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Sean

    ---
    Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

    I am also using the second display as an extended screen, rather than
    duplicate. Here is what happens:

    I open the media player on screen one, in a sizeable window.

    I start a video.

    Screen two becomes full screen of the video, which is also shown on the
    first screen in the player window.

    Sean
    "Chuck" <nospm@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Normally there is. My computeer at work uses the second display as an
    > extended screen, not a duplicate of the first screen. There may be options
    > in the video card(display) setup that allow the options you want. Again,
    > different mfrs and video cards setup differently for this sort of thing.
    >
    > "news.microsoft.com" <seanweb@perdew.org> wrote in message
    > > I'm running XP with two monitors (one laptop LCD, one external).
    Whenever
    > > view a video in Windows Media Player or Real Player, it pops up full
    > > screen
    > > on the other display (i.e. other from where the application window is
    > > running).
    > >
    > > Is there anyway to stop this behaviour?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Sean
    > >

    > ---
    > Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

    If you are using NVidia, just select Dualview from nViewDisplayMode mode
    sub-menu and disable FullScreen mode from FullScreenVideo sub-menu.
    Im with NVidia FX5200 and I have no problems with that. :)

    Regards,
    Bojidar

    > I am also using the second display as an extended screen, rather than
    > duplicate. Here is what happens:
    >
    > I open the media player on screen one, in a sizeable window.
    >
    > I start a video.
    >
    > Screen two becomes full screen of the video, which is also shown on the
    > first screen in the player window.
    >
    > Sean
    > "Chuck" <nospm@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > Normally there is. My computeer at work uses the second display as an
    > > extended screen, not a duplicate of the first screen. There may be
    options
    > > in the video card(display) setup that allow the options you want. Again,
    > > different mfrs and video cards setup differently for this sort of thing.
    > >
    > > "news.microsoft.com" <seanweb@perdew.org> wrote in message
    > > > I'm running XP with two monitors (one laptop LCD, one external).
    > Whenever
    > > > view a video in Windows Media Player or Real Player, it pops up full
    > > > screen
    > > > on the other display (i.e. other from where the application window is
    > > > running).
    > > >
    > > > Is there anyway to stop this behaviour?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Sean
    > > >

    > > ---
    > > Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

Video Windows XP Displays