How to NOT show videos full screen on second display?

August 7, 2004 9:41:11 PM

I'm running XP with two monitors (one laptop LCD, one external). Whenever I
view a video in Windows Media Player or Real Player, it pops up full screen
on the other display (i.e. other from where the application window is
running).

Is there anyway to stop this behaviour?

Thanks,
Sean
August 8, 2004 1:44:16 AM

Normally there is. My computeer at work uses the second display as an
extended screen, not a duplicate of the first screen. There may be options
in the video card(display) setup that allow the options you want. Again,
different mfrs and video cards setup differently for this sort of thing.

"news.microsoft.com" <seanweb@perdew.org> wrote in message
> I'm running XP with two monitors (one laptop LCD, one external). Whenever
> view a video in Windows Media Player or Real Player, it pops up full
> screen
> on the other display (i.e. other from where the application window is
> running).
>
> Is there anyway to stop this behaviour?
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.
August 8, 2004 1:47:32 PM

I am also using the second display as an extended screen, rather than
duplicate. Here is what happens:

I open the media player on screen one, in a sizeable window.

I start a video.

Screen two becomes full screen of the video, which is also shown on the
first screen in the player window.

Sean
"Chuck" <nospm@msn.com> wrote in message
> Normally there is. My computeer at work uses the second display as an
> extended screen, not a duplicate of the first screen. There may be options
> in the video card(display) setup that allow the options you want. Again,
> different mfrs and video cards setup differently for this sort of thing.
>
> "news.microsoft.com" <seanweb@perdew.org> wrote in message
> > I'm running XP with two monitors (one laptop LCD, one external).
Whenever
> > view a video in Windows Media Player or Real Player, it pops up full
> > screen
> > on the other display (i.e. other from where the application window is
> > running).
> >
> > Is there anyway to stop this behaviour?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sean
> >

> ---
> Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

August 11, 2004 12:56:35 PM

If you are using NVidia, just select Dualview from nViewDisplayMode mode
sub-menu and disable FullScreen mode from FullScreenVideo sub-menu.
Im with NVidia FX5200 and I have no problems with that. :)

Regards,
Bojidar