  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
January 24, 2005 10:25:17 AM

I have a Samsung 120Gig (1204H) HDD that was passed down to me from a
friend. It was locked with corrupt software and with an unknown user
and master password. Is there anyway to unlock this HDD? I don't want
to spend loads of money sending it to a data recovery firm because it'd
cost more then the hdd would cost. The data has no value so i wouldn't
care if it was lost. Can anyone help??

More about : locked hard drive

Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 25, 2005 6:40:07 PM

Previously brandon.wicks@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a Samsung 120Gig (1204H) HDD that was passed down to me from a
> friend. It was locked with corrupt software and with an unknown user
> and master password. Is there anyway to unlock this HDD? I don't want
> to spend loads of money sending it to a data recovery firm because it'd
> cost more then the hdd would cost. The data has no value so i wouldn't
> care if it was lost. Can anyone help??

"passed down from a freind" =
Stolen by that friend and then he discoverd it was unusable?

What exactly do you mean by "corrupt software"? Have you read too
much cyberpunk?

Arno
a b G Storage
January 31, 2005 10:07:48 PM

Whatever, it doesn't matter how it got locked it just matters that it
is locked. It could have been from either hardware or software
reasons. I was just told by my friend that he was locking the hard
drive with some version of Avalaunch (dashboard) when it froze up and
locked the drive with an unknown password.
!