How do I stop Media Player from being default for AVI files

fred

No matter what I do (changing file associations, etc.)
Windows Media Player remains the default player for .avi
files, even though these videos play much better quality-
wise with the Apple Quicktime player. Any suggestions as
to how to make this the default file association?

You can change the MIME type in the folder options settings. Edit the
application that should be associated with the .AVI extension. You could
also, force it through WMP. Disable the avi extension, and then on the other
program that should support the .avi extension, make that the default.

"Fred" wrote:

> No matter what I do (changing file associations, etc.)
> Windows Media Player remains the default player for .avi
> files, even though these videos play much better quality-
> wise with the Apple Quicktime player. Any suggestions as
> to how to make this the default file association?

fred

Thanks Dillon!
I didn't find anything about the MIME type in the folder
options settings, but your second set of suggestions
(forcing it through WMP, etc.) worked just fine.
Fred