Screensaver when watching video

is there a way to prevent the screensaver from starting whenever you run a
fullscreen program like a video player?

it is very annoying to have to move the mouse whenever the screensaver turns
on.

I run XP Pro

by the way, my media player program does not have an option to prevent
screensavers.

"Espen" wrote:

> is there a way to prevent the screensaver from starting whenever you run a
> fullscreen program like a video player?
>
> it is very annoying to have to move the mouse whenever the screensaver turns
> on.
>
> I run XP Pro

Right click on the Desktop, select Properties, from the ScreenSaver tab
select "NONE" as your screensaver option.
www.coribright.com

"Espen" <Espen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to prevent the screensaver from starting whenever you run a
> fullscreen program like a video player?
>
> it is very annoying to have to move the mouse whenever the screensaver
> turns
> on.
>
> I run XP Pro

I know that is a possibility, but I need the screensaver with password for
security reasons, I was wondering if there is a way to prevent windows from
starting the screensaver while running a fullscreen program only.

> by the way, my media player program does not have an option to prevent
> screensavers.

Which player would that be?

WMP since 7.1 has had this option...

tools>>options>>player>>"allow screen saver during playback"

Just use WMP instead of whatever you're currently using for
that specific instance when you need the capability.

> "Espen" wrote:
>
> > is there a way to prevent the screensaver from starting whenever you run
> > fullscreen program like a video player?
> >
> > it is very annoying to have to move the mouse whenever the screensaver
turns
> > on.
> >
> > I run XP Pro

None that I know of.

>I know that is a possibility, but I need the screensaver with password for
> security reasons, I was wondering if there is a way to prevent windows
> from
> starting the screensaver while running a fullscreen program only.
>

> "Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Right click on the Desktop, select Properties, from the ScreenSaver tab
>> select "NONE" as your screensaver option.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "Espen" <Espen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > is there a way to prevent the screensaver from starting whenever you
>> > run a
>> > fullscreen program like a video player?
>> >
>> > it is very annoying to have to move the mouse whenever the screensaver
>> > turns
>> > on.
>> >
>> > I run XP Pro

dubrovnik4

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
I am fully aware how old this thread is and since I stumbled upon it while searching for solution, I guess that someone else also would. So, the workaround is to install a program called HOT CORNERS and set at least one corner as "NO SCREENSAVER" and solved. Put the mouse in that corner and that's it.