Hard Drive addition

I have recently built a computer and put a new 80 GB hard drive in it.
I wanted to add my old hard drive as a slave but it has WIN XP on it.
I would like to add my old hard drive but not lose all the data that is
on it, ie. reformatting.
When I try to attach it to my computer i get the message: A Disk read
error has occurred. If there is any way to do this please let me know.

On 25 Jan 2005 11:52:47 -0800, "bigdan" <danieltobrien@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have recently built a computer and put a new 80 GB hard drive in it.
>I wanted to add my old hard drive as a slave but it has WIN XP on it.
>I would like to add my old hard drive but not lose all the data that is
>on it, ie. reformatting.
>When I try to attach it to my computer i get the message: A Disk read
>error has occurred. If there is any way to do this please let me know.

Did you jumper it to be a slave? How about setting it up in the BIOS?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/