HL:source looking better on ATI?

hi,
i tested HL:source on an Radeon 9800 and a GeForce 6800.
The GF-card does not display the overlay on surfaces
like the Radeon does. Eg.: metall surfaces appear shiny
on the Radeon card while the Geforce does not show this ehancement.

Is this a known feature of HL:S or the source enginge?
1 answer Last reply
More about source

    chris picard wrote:
    > hi,
    > i tested HL:source on an Radeon 9800 and a GeForce 6800.
    > The GF-card does not display the overlay on surfaces
    > like the Radeon does. Eg.: metall surfaces appear shiny
    > on the Radeon card while the Geforce does not show this ehancement.
    >
    > Is this a known feature of HL:S or the source enginge?

    I have heard, though not witnessed, that ATI cards can give better look
    and feel to their graphics.
    I assume more so with HL2 since they had some together time with ATI,
    (hence the bundled HL2 with their video cards) and were able to better
    code for ATI than for nVidia.

    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

Radeon Geforce ATI Video Games